Clear All

Power top FTW!

Please make it fit both Luke.
    Suspension tips here...
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

Awesome, I'm in.

I'll just use the crappy box I got for free until these are ready.
      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully it will produce mind boggling bass... better than my current setup

sigpic
        Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
        Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
        Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
        Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
        www.vertnation.com
        My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

I think my model has a power top...will know more and post about it today!

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I am in! None power top here!!
            450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

This is so cool...can't wait to get started.

Guys, I am now doing amp racks for the E3010. Shall I develop one for the 'vert, too?

Here is a shot of the prototype. They look WAY better fully upholstered. This will have a plexi window and LEDs to illuminate the amp (will also illuminate the trunk)

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Yes please.

Comment

OK, so the model does NOT have a power top.

Anyone in the Puget Sound region have another car I can measure?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Car is scheduled to be here Monday evening. Progress will be slow, but this thing will rock!

Closing SOON!

Comment

I am also interested , I just installed a new HU , and prewired the car for amps in the trunk , and have been wondering how I was going to do a sub .

Since you are the man to talk to about sound . what do you suggest for my other speakers. currently have stock 2 in the kick with tweeters in the upper door corners, and two in the back above the arm rests all 5 1/4 " . I want good aftermarkets that can handle decent amplification . Thanks

Comment

Believe it or not, start with the stock PS speakers for now. There are so few 5.25" options out there...either they don't fit for shit OR they are taiwan crap.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Believe it or not, start with the stock PS speakers for now. There are so few 5.25" options out there...either they don't fit for shit OR they are taiwan crap.

you don't feel that higher end speakers will work like (Infinity Kappas 5.25 ) if that is really higher end . or I might be able to source the raw drivers from parts express or another driver supplier and build my own .
                          but that will end up being many hours of R&D . well just didn't know if you have your own recipe for these cars. Thanks

Comment

Another intersted person on this set up luke! Cant wait to see pics
                            92 325i Schwarz II Vert

Comment

Originally posted by RT325iVERT View Post
                              you don't feel that higher end speakers will work like (Infinity Kappas 5.25 ) if that is really higher end . or I might be able to source the raw drivers from parts express or another driver supplier and build my own .
                              but that will end up being many hours of R&D . well just didn't know if you have your own recipe for these cars. Thanks
                              I personally am not a big fan of the Kappas, but that is just personal preference. I do like the Reference, though, or the basically identical JBLs.

Yes, they are better. They do not fit "well", and the rear on a vert is a pain. If you aren't in a huge hurry and are willing to do a little cutting, I will be producing custom door panel inserts. These will radically improve the looks, hide all the delaminating parts of your door panels and give you a place to put a NICE set of 6.5" components, plus have a nice OE+ look...and an integrated grille! (I am pretty jazzed about these, but logistics are a bitch).

If you want an improvement, yeah, they are fine...but honestly enough, not much better than the stock PS setup. The stock PS do have a better midbass by far though, virtually all aftermarket speakers sound "thinner", even on a 120Hz high pass.

I keep thinking I should whip us some simple 12db/oct crossovers and a replacement tweeter that would actually sound GOOD...but again. development is a bitch.

A quick update: I am waiting to speak to Grizz to make sure I am on track with the design, but it looks like this woofer is the one: http://www.pasmag.com/car-audio/test...bwoofer-review

Measurements show that the box may be as shallow as 6.5", meaning that it AND the optional amp rack just might fit completely under the top storage!

The test mule will use a STL 4.500 and a STL 1.600, both from Soundstreams Stealth series. Due to the fact that these woofers have a 2.5" voice coil and will be operating in a true bandpass enclosure, we should see power handling right around 800 RMS. The only issue with this is that leaves basically 2 amp choices, either a 1 ohm stable monoblock "Class D" type amp or a larger 2 channel, if you are looking to get the most out of your bass. Most 5 channel amps will not be happy with this arrangement, so you guys may have to use 2 amps to power your cars.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke so is this proposed vert setup going to remain budget oriented (I guess that term is relative) and relatively easy to install? I am super interested in good clean sound for my 89 but want to know what you are intending for overall cost to make the complete system work. Are you developing a complete system and/or components?

What do you recommend as steps to take to improve a totally stock system in a vert and can it be done incrementally and approximately how much do these upgrades cost?

I appreciate all the development you are doing and can't wait to see what the results are.
                                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X