No announcement yet.

Group Buy Pre-Order Thread: e30 fitment 15x10 track wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned, I'd be interested. I'd want two sets of 15x10s, less than 15lbs. Timeline for me would need to be within two months, or I'll just be going with the 6uls and designing spacers for them. Right now, I've been test fitting with a set of eBay Chinese adapters.
    Kevin Doyle
    KD Motorsports
    KD.Motorsports@yahoo.com
    9175 Willows Rd NE
    Redmond, WA 98052
    (425)556-9076

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      As I mentioned to him earlier to remove pricing since he hasn't spoken to Ryan at Jongbloed.

Once a design is finalized, pre-orders are paid, it will still then be several weeks.

OP, I STRONGLY suggest you talk to Ryan at Jongbloed about this.
      Thanks for your interest. I gave Ryan a call yesterday and am waiting to hear back from him. Per your suggestion in the other thread I did take the pricing down. Are you interested in a set for your e30?

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      If you could even make this in a 17" diameter in 17x9/10 in 4x100, sign me up. My wheels currently dont clear big brakes, and are multilug. The 17 wheels sizes seem to be limited to multi lug junk and generally not much selection.
      Thanks for the feedback I'll mention that as well and see what options might be available.
      -Brad
      My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

No, I have a man's track car at the moment. No E30 currently in the garage, but I've always got my eyes open for a deal on one.

Also, you still very clearly have a price in the first post.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          No, I have a man's track car at the moment. No E30 currently in the garage, but I've always got my eyes open for a deal on one.

Also, you still very clearly have a price in the first post.
          OK, I'll Bite. What's a man's track car? GT3-RS? It's gotta be a 911 of some sort. Or a miata..I get it.
          1988 E30/S50...now with S52; Track
          1994 Miata R; ES Solo2
          1998 Lexus LX470; Wife (Slee'd anyway)
          2002 BMW 530i; A+ Commuter
          2002 BMW 325iT; Sport/Premium 5-speed
          2011 21' EconoTrailer

Comment

Update after discussing with Jongbloed:

They can and will make a 15x10 et0 (they weren't able to get out out an et-5)

Specs:
            15x10
            ET 0
            Price: $239 each
            Estimated Weight: 14lbs
            Expected Ship Date: End of Februrary/Beginning of March

So this is pretty in line with the 6UL but saves us having to run 25mm spacers rear and 32mm spacers front like we would with a 6UL. (a small 5-8mm spacer will likely be needed in the front to clear the strut)

The wheel will be designed with big brake clearance in mind and Jongbloed is evaluating to see if they can design it to also clear the 300mm race kits with the SL6R and Superlight calipers.

I will be working with Ryan over the rest of the week to figure out clearance with the massive race kits and also figure out how they'd like to handle the group buy. Check back soon for more updates!
            Last edited by klodkrawler05; 11-12-2013, 02:10 PM.
            -Brad

Comment

Please see first post for updates!
              -Brad

Comment

Awesome news. Looking forward to final information.

Comment

No 17x9?

Sad face.

Still look like some awesome wheels.

Comment

No 17x9?

Sad face.

Still look like some awesome wheels.
                    I was surprised how quickly Ryan agreed to make the 15x10's, if you could get enough interest I bet he'd consider it.
                    -Brad

Comment

I was thinking of 15x8 trm c1's for autox tires, but tirerack are nazis when it comes to shipping to canada. If I don't cave before these are out, I will definitely consider them for the price.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Would love a 17x9 4x100 aswell, but in iX fitment
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
                          I was surprised how quickly Ryan agreed to make the 15x10's, if you could get enough interest I bet he'd consider it.
                          Is there a way to contact him?

Comment

Sorry man, I'm gonna have to take myself off the list. I'm having some issues with the car I need to sort out, and it isn't looking to be cheap. Unless someone wants to buy an extra set and hold them for a while...
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Is there a way to contact him?
                              Yup head over to their website and they have contact info there.

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                              Sorry man, I'm gonna have to take myself off the list. I'm having some issues with the car I need to sort out, and it isn't looking to be cheap. Unless someone wants to buy an extra set and hold them for a while...
                              No worries! I'll pull you off for now but if you change your mind don't hesitate to hop back on! I'll likely wind up buying a few extra sets to make this happen so I'm sure there will be a few floating around when your ready.
                              -Brad

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                                and it isn't looking to be cheap.
                                To be fair $240 for a lightweight, 15x10 made for a specific application by a very reputable company is actually really cheap.

If you want a set Jongbloed custom 3-piece 15x10s, you're going to be knocking on the door of $3000.
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X