Premium Sound upgrade kit feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdusty4 View Post
    Awesome. can the e34 drivers go right in to the kickpanel, or does it require modification?
    No fitment issues at all, front or rear. Premium grills still fit and work perfectly, you can buy the version of this tweeter that has a grille:

If you look at the bolt circle measurements, you will see the PS tweeter holes are just outside of the stock points, so this could be cut to fit the stock location in the rear.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

UPDATE: We are still deciding on a few things, but we are now committed to producing these.

You can get all new drivers for $130 a set. Our crossovers will be $100 a pair, and at $230 a set, these will fit and perform better in an E30 than pretty much anything for double that cost. Yes, better can be had, but you have to spend serious cash to do so.

Can we start a "PM me when you get these ready" list? Put your name on this list and you get them for $75 a pair, shipped. I am only going to leave this open for a couple of weeks while we finalize our testing. This list is for the "Local" crossovers ONLY, you provide your own speakers be it junkyard or buying new.

Thanks!
      Luke

1) NRubenstein (1 pair)
      2) Rmlr (1 pair)
      3)
      4)
      5)
      6)
      7)
      8)
      9)
      10)
      Last edited by StereoInstaller1; 04-30-2014, 09:50 AM.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Luke, these crossover pairs am assuming is for a full speaker network. Front and rear like your systems for e24, right?
        Edit: Just read in an earlier post that you offer two options for crossovers-local or central location like the boot. I have a non ps car, so I will be running wires anyways. Sign me up anyways. I can discuss with you in pm on what makes sense.
        Last edited by Rmlr; 04-26-2014, 10:04 AM. Reason: Crossover options

Comment

Let me see if I can explain: Our E30 Passive Crossover Network (PCN) is a gorgeous, phenomenal sounding thing. We expect it to be custom-installed somehow, ideally in one of our amp racks. It will make random strangers ask "what IS that?" and amaze anyone who sees it, much less anyone who hears it.

The design of this PCN means you must run all new speaker wire everywhere and we include that wire, cut to length and labelled. It isn't bad to install, but it takes some time.

In terms of cost, the BMW speakers are $100 a pair new, full price from the dealer. The tweeters are new, from parts express. These are the highest price possible, as far as I know.

So, if you are paying full price, that is $260 for all 8 speakers.

The Local crossovers are $75 a pair, or $150 for 4. !50+260=$410 for all 4. With the PCN, the total goes up to $560 for the whole car.

So, if your goal is excellent sound quality alone, do the locals. If you want a drop-dead gorgeous install that is clearly yet different from the locals at the drive-in, do the PCN.

Expect some news this coming week, but no promises yet.

Thanks!
          Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Put me on the list, please.
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
              Put me on the list, please.
              Yessir, you got it

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke, Please add me to the list as well for 1 pair

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  The midbass driver I am referring to is in particular the right front E34 from 1993 to 1995. the part number is 6513 8370 935 and is plentiful...in Germany.

The left speaker is DVC and is exactly the same sound and shape, but has a useless second coil. If you are going to order them, get the non-DVC version. If you are scavenging, feel free to use both stock E34 front speakers, idealkly in all 4 corners.

NOTE: these bigger E34 speakers will not fit the rear of a vert, don't even try.

BTW, it is significantly bigger and beefier than the E30 Premium, or even the rear E34 speakers from that same car. I will get pics up shortly, and see if I can get some of those speakers on their way to the US.
                  Okay, so what fits in the rear locations of a 'vert?
                  Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

And darn it, I guess put me on the "let me know when they are ready" list...
                    Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                      Okay, so what fits in the rear locations of a 'vert?
                      always a challenge, those pesky verts!

LOL

I am hoping to have a solid answer for the vert rears soon, I want to see a 2 way or a co-ax of some sort, just no answers yet.

Closing SOON!

Comment

BTW- Several US-Based dealers show those speakers in stock. They were also the speaker in a Z3 US model.
                        Patrick Henry

Comment

BTW- Several US-Based dealers show those speakers in stock. They were also the speaker in a Z3 US model.
                          Interesting! My boys at Portland BMW must have dropped the ball, thats great news.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Interesting! My boys at Portland BMW must have dropped the ball, thats great news.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              ECS Tuning has them, as does BMW of Atlanta
                              Patrick Henry

Comment

According to RealOEM, they used them in e32s, e34s, e36s and Z3s.

Comment

Working...
                                X