E36 Coupe sideskirts on a E30 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Coupe sideskirts on a E30 Sedan

Does the E30 sedans have a longer wheel base than the E30 coupes?

Is it possible that the E30 sedans are long enough to fit e36 coupe side skirts with little to no modification? Apparently the write up is gone so some help would be appreciated...otherwise I guess I could eventually figure it out. I only assume sedans are longer because of sedan and coupe specific parts.

I came across this thread but it didn't tell me whether the E30 sedans were long enough for E36 sideskirts to fit.

I know its been done before...I did read that other thread, but aside from that anyone try e39 m5 skirts?

I'm also curious, I think Jordan did it on his silver car, but I can't find his page anymore.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I know you can buy E36 style skirts for an E30 but I've never heard of anyone putting skirts right off an E36 onto an E30.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

You have to shorten them about 5-6 inches. Here is a pic of my car with them on it.

Last edited by e30evolution; 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM.

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Wow, that looks really good. Did you trim off the ends or out of the middle? Are they easy to take off of the e36? I saw some in the junkyard awhile back and couldn't get them off.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

that does look good

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

i personally think e36 curvy style skirts don't fit the flush straight edges of the front and rear valences, but thats just me
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Those aren't "twisties" or whatever people call the M3 ones, they are just the base e36 skirts.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

well they still don't fit the body lines of our cars at all
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Comment

Working...
                  X