e30 Louvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Louvers

Hey so I just bought my first BMW, a 1988 325is. I want to give the car a military aesthetic so I will be painting the car matte military green and the roof and lowers are already painted black. A friend has louvers on his mustang and i'd like to put louvers on the rear and rear side windows. A little odd im sure but try to stick with me. Has anyone heard or seen this on an e30 or have any suggestions as to how I would go about this?
    Gutted, welded, daily driver 88' 325is

It looks right on certain cars, you'd have to try pretty damn hard on an e30. But yeah there's a member on here with louvers on his yellow e30.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Your e30 is not an IROC-Z.

Comment

There really isn't anything about louvers that screams "military" to me. They pretty much remind me of trailer trash with a fox body 5.0 that's late with his child support and just left the bar with a fat chick because he had one too many PBR's.

Comment

yeah....

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
            There really isn't anything about louvers that screams "military" to me. They pretty much remind me of trailer trash with a fox body 5.0 that's late with his child support and just left the bar with a fat chick because he had one too many PBR's.
            +1 on this

louvers on a "military" painted car must make me think of stupid drunk rednecks and mullets. you want military look? for paint it olive drab, put a white star on the side and a red rotating signal on the roof and paint a white "MP" on the back quarter panel and throw on some black steelies. now that would look pimp.

Comment

We´r proud to present you a complete run from Erich Edlinger in his BMW with Indycar engine!this is a awesome car! just listen zu the sound!HCF-Video Nr: 97 ...
              Tri color fabric for sale here!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

Originally posted by Erik j View Post

i'm undecided on whether the louvers or the wing looks worse.

Comment

Yeah, those ones dont look that great... but the ones in the video I posted look pretty cool.

Comment

Reminds me of

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerpirate View Post
                      +1 on this

louvers on a "military" painted car must make me think of stupid drunk rednecks and mullets. you want military look? for paint it olive drab, put a white star on the side and a red rotating signal on the roof and paint a white "MP" on the back quarter panel and throw on some black steelies. now that would look pimp.

+1
                      yeah that would be hot, but true hotness would be a bundeswehr theme with'feldjäger' on the side

(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
                      In this world, things aren't black & white. Its Delphin!

Parts, Buy Them--> http://picasaweb.google.com/transatl...eat=directlink

Snowboard & video game stuff --> http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=148645

Originally posted by Steve92E34
                      Your car is breathing my air, and so are you.
                      AND you are both still slow

Comment

Damn, I forgot to put my flamesuit on. I am only trying to make a unique car. I guess I will have to prove that this will look the part.
                        Gutted, welded, daily driver 88' 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                          Reminds me of

The Zerg hydralisk?

Comment

Hahaha take another look at those louvers and tell me I'm not right.

Comment

glad i wasnt the only one to recognize what that was. LOL!

and yes, yes it does.

To OP, if you REALLY want to try to pull it off, dont even bother with side louvers. just stick with the single one on the rear window. the side ones will just look terrible. the rear windows are too big to pull it off without looking like some shitbox ricer.

Comment

Working...
                              X