Steering Column Tilt kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Column Tilt kit

Hello fellow r3vers. Ive made a solution to the e30 tilt problem that plagues some people.

This e30 tilt kit offers between 1" of drop for your steering wheel. More of a drop can be made if preferred, but it will require stacking the spacer and obtaining your own hardware. Contact me directly for this. This will allow for people that have low buckets to have a securely lowered steering wheel to suit the height adjustment. This will also help for people that arent used to fixed wheels and would enjoy more drop. This is not adjustable, it is fixed and 100% reversible. The spacer is made from aluminum, and comes painted black. It comes with hardware for mounting and is very easy to install once you get the safety bolts off from the column (Drill them out of cut them out, unless you have a safety bolt tool).

I made one for my car, but have so much material leftover, why not make more for everyone else?
    Here is a picture of it installed in my car

1" drop kit for e30 - $40 shipped priority

Please include 3% for PayPal fees.

Paypal is Jedwardsvr6@yahoo.com. Please include in the description what you purchased. Thanks!
    Last edited by SLEEPYDUB; 06-07-2013, 08:47 AM.
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

bought a 2" kit, cheers.

Comment

Been thinking about making one of these for myself, but maybe I'll buy one. How much drop are you running in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by tyrell02 View Post
        bought a 2" kit, cheers.

thanks, will send it out today.

Originally posted by livetheride View Post
        Been thinking about making one of these for myself, but maybe I'll buy one. How much drop are you running in the pic?
        The one in the pic is a 1" drop. For me, 1" drop was enough but I'm 5'10" and didn't need much more.

Comment

Up

Comment

Sign me up for a 2"

Comment

OT::: Sorry but What happened to your Accelerator pedal?

Comment

Dude! what a great idea.

GLWS!

Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

This IS a great idea. I just wish it was adjustable.
                  REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by enrike View Post
                    Sign me up for a 2"

paypal address is in the OP.

Originally posted by STAGGERED M3 View Post
                    OT::: Sorry but What happened to your Accelerator pedal?
                    Its from a Honda Accord. I had to use this for my 2JZ swap.

Originally posted by German Audio Specialties View Post
                    Dude! what a great idea.

GLWS!

Luke
                    Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                    This IS a great idea. I just wish it was adjustable.
                    Thanks guys!

Comment

Got 3 out. Anybody else?

Comment

Bump for awsome seller and an awsome product!

Comment

That's a great idea. I was wondering if I could make a bracket
                          of some kind, but I've never worked on a BMW yet, so I'd have
                          to see how it is mounted, how much angle the u-joints or flex
                          coupling in the steering mechanism could tolerate... etc.

Could two 1" ones be stacked so that a person could try 1" or 2"
                          and then change it if they were not completely happy with it?

Could a 1" and 2" be stacked for 3" total?

Are you measuring the amount of drop at the mount, or at the steering wheel?

Any interest in just selling a set of drawings and instructions for people who
                          can fabricate their own from materials they have in their shop already?

I probably could figure it out, but if you've already worked out the bugs,
                          I'd be willing to pay for a good set of dimensions and instructions.

I might just go ahead and dig into the project this summer to see if I can
                          come up with a way to make it adjustable (with a wrench and an allen key).

Or I might just buy your kit and call it good - the double nutplate is the
                          piece that really makes it a slick kit.
                          Last edited by Mark 42; 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Im working on an adjustable one. But it will probably not be ready for a while.
                            For right now, the 2" kit is just 2 of them stacked. That is so the user can decided if they want 1" or 2". But I personally think 2" is too much. The double nutplate is actually and oem piece that the oe bolts go into. But, the bolts dont have heads on them, so you have to cut them out, or drill them out.

Comment

I've been reading some other threads about adjusting the column,
                              and noticed people have often mentioned the security headed bolts.

I was wondering what they are - are they like those Torx heads that
                              have a post in the middle of the recess for the bit (which require a bit
                              with a hole in the middle). It sounds like maybe they are completely blank?

I just got the car on Saturday, so I haven't done much mechanical
                              exploring yet - I'm still trying to figure out what a couple of the switches
                              are for. I still instinctively go for the wrong position when I want to shift
                              reverse into reverse. But the column angle change is high on my priority list.

Comment

Working...
                              X