FS: '87 325is Delphin 5-Lug, Performance-built - Dearborn, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: '87 325is Delphin 5-Lug, Performance-built - Dearborn, MI

After much debate I’ve decided to sell my (incredibly special) 1987 325is. I’m the second owner of this car that spent it’s entire life in Florida and North Carolina. The car is currently in Dearborn, MI and has a clear Michigan title.

The previous owner worked for Bimmerworld and built this car using absolute top quality components to produce a very potent Autocross car. I purchased it in the Spring of ’11 with the intention of using it as a weekend car - basically a glorified grocery-getter. This car is not that kind of car! It really needs to be driven and driven hard. While I had dreams of autocross events when I bought it, the reality is that I just don’t have the time to invest right now. It’s ready to roll/race as it sits - there is nothing that needs to be added or repaired.

It’s light, fast and very torquey. It starts, turns, shifts and stops like a dream. I’ve got piles of receipts for virtually every part that was purchased during the build. I also have Dyno reports that were created during the build.

This is a very finished car. All the time-consuming and more importantly expensive work and upgrades are done...and done very well. The motor, trans, exhaust, body and suspension are all top-notch (see details below). The body is straight and free of any dents or rust. The paint shines beautifully. Even all the small things like the headlights, taillights, turn signals, brake lights, wipers, heat, etc. all work perfectly.

The originally build cost was not cheap. The Pete McHenry-built engine was $4500 alone. The paintwork was another $4000. There's $12K invested in it as it sits.

Here are the details:

Exterior / Body
    • This car was completely rebuilt nose to tail.
    • All bushings have been replaced
    • Body started w/ an original paint no wreck, no rust Delphin grey 1987 325iS e30 that spent nearly it’s whole life in Southern states (no snow!). The car had approximately 140K miles on it when it was rebuilt.
    • I have a CarFax report that shows history.
    • Complete respray (Delphin). Paint is approximately 6 years old and is in very good condition.
    • Converted to euro bumpers and euro front valance
    • BMW motorsport lower air dam/spoiler (purchased new from the dealer).
    • EVO M3 front grills H1 /H4 Hella lights
    • New moldings and emblems all way around
    • New rear spoiler
    • New sunroof seal, EVO M3 hood seals, Door Seals
    • Car has been lightened, weight = 2450 lbs.

Engine
    • M20 motor out of a 1989 325is - Stroked to 2.7 liters
    • The engine was built by the late Pete McHenry.
    • Schrick 284/272 cam, RD +1mm valves,
    • Custom milled headwork (by Pete)
    • High Compression Pistons
    • Larger Fuel injectors
    • Ported Intake with upgrade Airflow Meter (AFM)
    • High performance cone filter
    • Custom chip created by Bimmerworld (after extensive dyno testing)
    • New battery
    • Car has been dynoed on 3 separate occasions and puts down 183hp to the wheels
    • 48K miles on engine. Oil changed every 3K.

Exhaust
    • Full Stainless Super Sprint Header
    • Scorpion exhaust
    • Catalytic convertor intact

Transmission
    • Light weight flywheel
    • UUC short shifter

Suspension, Wheels and Brakes

• Full BMW E30 M3 5 lug suspension
    • Koni adjustable shocks, the rears are top adjustable as well (no need to remove to adjust)
    • Ireland Engineering springs
    • H&R adjustable sway bars with reinforcements welded in. Heim joint links on the front.
    • New front rotors and Hawk pads
    • Lightweight Kosie 15x8 wheels with BFGoodrich tires (about 3K left on them)
    • Welded-in Camber and toe adjusters in rear
    • BMW Z3 steering rack - steering is quick and extremely tight

Interior
    • New BMW dash (not a pad - a completely new BMW dash)
    • Tenzo Racing Seats
    • Momo Competition Steering Wheel
    • New Euro carpet which weighs less than stock (no jute padding on it)
    • Clarion CD receiver, Alpine 200w amp, Polk audio speakers, JL sub (the car is wired up for Sat radio or Iphone / Ipod)

Extras
    • Air duct kit for the front brakes with BimmerWorld ducted backing plates.
    • Metal air box that uses the M3 size air filter
    • Two car covers
    • Spare Instrument panel circuit boards / Spare gauges
    • Chilton Manual
    • Original BMW Grey Carpet Kit

What it needs
    • The Speedometer is currently not working, but I’m including spare dash circuit boards and a gauge cluster that should resolve the issue. The removal of the instrument cluster and gauge swap is very easy.
    • Front bumper and side drip rails could use paint / powercoating

The car has spent one year in Michigan, has always been garaged and was stored in a heated garage all Winter (it's still never seen snow). I had some minor maintenance work (oil pan gasket) done at BodyWerks in Detroit last Summer and the tech that did the work said he has never driven a faster, better put-together e30 325 in his life.

(older photos - I'll post newer ones soon)

I’m asking $8500 for this car, but am willing to listen to serious offers. It's available immediately and is being advertised locally and on several BMW-specific websites, so if you're interested - act soon. Please let me know if you'd like to check it out.

This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to purchase based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle. You should get a Carfax for yourself to use as reference.
    Last edited by bbiess; 05-14-2012, 03:19 PM.

this price seems low.

awesome example of a clean/OEM e30 with the volume turned up to 11, hope it goes to a good home.
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Simply trying to get out of it what I have in to it. And I'm hoping it goes to a good home as well.

This car deserves an owner that will drive it the way it needs to be driven.

Comment

Clarified pm sent
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104032 thought so
          sigpic

Comment

Correct. Tony Sinclair built this car and owned it for around 4 years. I purchased it from him last Spring.

Comment

Amazing car. I've seen/driven it. Good luck!
              sigpic

Comment

Additional Photos (Sorry for the dusty car!)

More photos can be found here

Comment

Sale Pending

Comment

SOLD - Congratulations Justin.

Comment

Working...
                    X