ARE Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARE Wheels?

Have you guys heard of ARE wheels? I found these and I might get them for a very low price..Just don't know anything about them other then that they look pretty dope. What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

I believe they were made by Enkei. They are a 3 piece wheel and are (I think) 15x7 and 4x100. Not sure of the offset.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    1989 US E30 Cammed S52
    Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
      I believe they were made by Enkei. They are a 3 piece wheel and are 15x7.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
      just did some quick research and they seem to be American Racing wheels? and these were 16x9 3 pc wheels. And rare from the looks of it

Comment

American Racing, but they are 3 piece. If anything 2 piece, but alot of the RS style wheels are actualy one piece, welded, with fake bolts. Theyre pretty cool though, Id totally run them if I stumbled upon some

Welded
        Last edited by ANDRÜ; 06-06-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
          I believe American Racing, but I dont think they are 3 piece. If anything 2 piece, but alot of the RS style wheels are actualy one piece, welded, with fake bolts. Theyre pretty cool though, Id totally run them if I stumbled upon some

Welded

Do you know the exact name of the wheels by any chance? They were for sell and a friend told me about them. They are in good condition and I am trying to call the place but can't through to them even after trying 4 of their listed numbers -_- wtf?! now I'm praying those wheels are still there.
          Last edited by S13_E30; 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Found the Wheel Model/ Number! They are A.R.E. (American Racing Equipment) Wheels 398's these were made in Japan.

Comment

Very rare wheels.

American Racing Model "398"

I've owned 16x7ish versions of these. They were 2 piece. I'll be buying them back from a local that ended up with them.

On r3v I've seen people with 15x7, 16x7, and 16x8 sets. I'd love to have some 16x9's though!

My old digicamo e30, I never had caps for them.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                Very rare wheels.

American Racing Model "398"

I've owned 16x7ish versions of these. They were 2 piece. I'll be buying them back from a local that ended up with them.

On r3v I've seen people with 15x7, 16x7, and 16x8 sets. I'd love to have some 16x9's though!

My old digicamo e30, I never had caps for them.

makes me want them even more. I will cry if they are gone lol...shit that like that always happens to me...sooo close yet so far.

Comment

Bargain!!

Comment

I got a set of these as well. Like said they was a three piece. But the barrels are welded together. And the center is still removable. No I think the weld could be cut, but then the question is, what lip could be used to widen them if one would ever want to? Slightly off topic, but since we are talking about these, thought I'd ask.

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                      I got a set of these as well. Like said they was a three piece. But the barrels are welded together. And the center is still removable. No I think the weld could be cut, but then the question is, what lip could be used to widen them if one would ever want to? Slightly off topic, but since we are talking about these, thought I'd ask.

Originally posted by ANDRÜ View Post
                      Bargain!!

Bought them! had a friend go pick them up, he said they have a few dings and dents nothing major and he said they look like 2 pc wheels. I can die a happy man now! i'll post more pics up later and i'll examen them real closely for any serious damage.
                      Last edited by S13_E30; 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

That's cause they are two piece. The factory welded the lip to the barrel for some reason. The center is still removable though.

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                          That's cause they are two piece. The factory welded the lip to the barrel for some reason. The center is still removable though.

Thanks for letting me know. Can't wait to go home and see them!

Comment

here they are with tires mounted on them....don't mind the one on the far left..my friend..he's quite special lol
                            Attached Files

Comment

Those are hot! Good find...lucky bastard.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X