Good Upholstery Shop in PDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Upholstery Shop in PDX?

Looking for a decent upholstery shop in Portland. Need to have some seats partially recovered. NE preferably, but anywhere metro area is fine. Anyone know a place?

There was one Alberta the did a lot of classic cars, but he got chased out recently by hipsters.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I had great luck with Beaverton Auto Upholstery. Good work and very reasonable prices.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        I had great luck with Beaverton Auto Upholstery. Good work and very reasonable prices.

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Never go to Robs on 82nd, I have had a VW bug there for now a fucking year to get a convertible top put on, and I brought him everything new to do it, all he had to do was make a headliner and install.
          WTB:m60b40 in PNW
          Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
          92 525it 5 speed.
          80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

I was thinking about giving this kit a try for front sport seats. The guy disappeared for like a year, but his site now says he will be active again some time in spring.

http://www.ninestitch.com/home.html

Comment

Is he the one that started the seat thread then abandoned it?

His work looked great, but then he never responded to the thread requests.. but his steering wheel reskin business seems steady.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I went with Darin, when he picked up the seats for his tech2. The looked amazing. And they explained what was done. If I ever need upholstery. I'll go there. (Beaverton auto)

Comment

I thought I would stop by Bob's Upholstery on 82nd to get a quote since it's near where I live. Anyone ever deal with him?

I'll definitely keep Beaverton Auto in mind though. Darin's seats did turn out great. It's just a bit of a drive.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
                    Never go to Robs on 82nd, I have had a VW bug there for now a fucking year to get a convertible top put on, and I brought him everything new to do it, all he had to do was make a headliner and install.
                    Holy Christ. That STILL isn't done?!?!?!?!?!?
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
                      Why in the hell have you left it there that long? I would have picked it up after a month or less of no progress.

Comment

That's a different person (stitched). John at Ninestitch is awesome. He did my m3 interior and was great to work with. We texted back and forth a ton as I had lots of questions on the install.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Is he the one that started the seat thread then abandoned it?

His work looked great, but then he never responded to the thread requests.. but his steering wheel reskin business seems steady.

Comment

Nice. I may have to do some shopping around when I get ready to recover some seats in Alpina repop fabric.
                          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                            Why in the hell have you left it there that long? I would have picked it up after a month or less of no progress.
                            Its my bosses bug. I have stopped by about every other month and the guy is like next week i will have it done but its not even in his shop, its "in his other storage" im pretty sure it was stolen and he is trying to figure out what to do.
                            Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Holy Christ. That STILL isn't done?!?!?!?!?!?
                            Yep and I dont get paid for the job until we get it back and i finish it.
                            WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                            92 525it 5 speed.
                            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by nauqneyugn View Post
                              That's a different person (stitched). John at Ninestitch is awesome. He did my m3 interior and was great to work with. We texted back and forth a ton as I had lots of questions on the install.
                              Bad communication here from what I hear and see though?

Comment

Working...
                              X