Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M62B44,M60B40 heads & cams, Eaton M112 (now with NOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Amazing thread. I was in Prescott Valley yesterday. My Parents live there.

Next time you're in town shoot me a pm, my shop space is in PV.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      I had no luck with that remote dual filter bracket, I kept getting pinhole leaks in the oil filters. My best guess was cavitation. Another guy using one on his m60 went through the same thing. We both switched back to the factory filter housing.
      All I can do is try it and see if it acts up, if it does I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
      I knew a guy that said he had a big block chevy that built up so much oil pressure it literally blew off spin on oil filters. Except for K&N oil filters, they lasted and stay on. Maybe these filters will stay intact.

Comment

Will do, thanks!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk540i/6 View Post
          All I can do is try it and see if it acts up, if it does I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
          I knew a guy that said he had a big block chevy that built up so much oil pressure it literally blew off spin on oil filters. Except for K&N oil filters, they lasted and stay on. Maybe these filters will stay intact.
          I was about to go the spin on route, but JGood chimed in and warned me about exploding stuff. Id rather stop exploding stuff so Im using the stock housing for now.

I will be watching your oil situation closely, as im sure you'll probably try to put a cooler in as well.
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

I would like to add an oil cooler yes, I'm using -12an line and fittings to get to the remote oil filters and could easily route a cooler in there.

Comment

Comment

Wow!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Suck me sideways. This is amazing.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

That looks sweet! The water pump doesn’t have much belt wrap...
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      That looks sweet! The water pump doesn’t have much belt wrap...

I know....I don't know how else to route it for more wrap. I'm even considering adding a 2nd idler under the supercharger idler for more water pump coverage, even then it wouldn't be much.

Belt route this way also has the tensioner wrapped the wrong way and applying force the opposite direction it was designed for.
                      Last edited by Mykk540i/6; 06-17-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Drive belt on:

Started looking at exhaust manifolds:

I need to source or make a four hole exhaust flange like this style & size:

Comment

Just lop off the s65 flanges and weld on the ones from the stock manifold

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyZ View Post
                            Just lop off the s65 flanges and weld on the ones from the stock manifold

I took welding once in college about 10 years ago, but didn't finish the program. I'm thinking of taking welding again at my local college now, irregardless I have no welding skills.

I was trying to keep this build with minimum fabricated pieces so parts would be readily available. (as readily available as20 year old BMW & Jaguar parts can be) Outside of the intake adapter everything else is stock off of some thing else.

Comment

Any way for the alternator to live on the passenger side and run off the other pulley?
                              cars beep boop

Comment

I see you have the ac bracket there still...
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X