- Shift linkage with reverse light wire
    - Leather shift boot
    - Shift knob
    - The 2 early bellhousing reference sensors
    - Clutch master cylinder
    - Clutch slave cylinder
    - The line that connects the master and slave cylinders
    - Hose that connects master cylinder to brake reservoir
    - Driveshaft with guibo (driveshaft halves never separated)
    - Clutch disc
    - Pressure plate
    - Flywheel (heavy as ****)

500 local pickup in 92880 SOLD

View the full resolution pics here:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Last edited by sileighty; 01-28-2018, 02:03 PM.

This being from an early model how can I make this work for my later model 89 e30? I know there are some differences but not sure how easy it’ll be. I’m in the IE as well and I’m interested.
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
      This being from an early model how can I make this work for my later model 89 e30? I know there are some differences but not sure how easy it’ll be. I’m in the IE as well and I’m interested.

I believe the main differences are:

Your car has a crankshaft position sensor on the front of the engine which does the job of the two reference sensors that are bolted to the early transmission. So you don't have to worry about using the reference sensors in my kit.

This kit has a dual mass flywheel and the appropriate clutch parts for that. I'm not sure if you have a single or dual mass flywheel, but if you have a single mass flywheel I believe you'll need to find a clutch made for single mass flywheels.

Your late model car has a different center support bearing for the driveshaft. If you were planning on getting a new CSB anyway, make sure you get the right one for your car.

So I think the biggest challenge is making sure you have the right throwout bearing for thickness of the flywheel that you have. Other than that I think it's plug and play, hopefully someone else can chime in if there are any other roadblocks.
      Last edited by sileighty; 01-26-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I believe early and late models also have different output flange/guibo sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by lcoleman View Post
          I believe early and late models also have different output flange/guibo sizes.
          So if you stick with the guibo that's included, you're fine because they match. But if you want a new guibo make sure to order one for an early car.

Comment

Sold

Comment

Working...
            X