• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super clean 1986 325 Sedan...

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

1986 325e Sedan. I bought it a couple months ago from the original owner who is going into assisted living and liquidating their estate. She bought it new in 1986 as her first new BMW purchase, from Classic BMW-Ferrari in Dallas and it remained here in town since. Since the early 2000's it was only driven a few thousand miles total, and it was parked in 2007 until now. Last registered in 08 (see window stickers), and still has the tires from '98 on it. Voluminous dealer and independent service records dating back to the original 1986 purchase order. She kept everything and all services were performed on time or ahead of schedule- she did not skimp on work if it was needed and brought it in for the smallest of issues. The DMV reports this as a two owner car. She remarried and moved across town in '06 necessitating a new title issue, however the same woman owned this car since '86 as proven within its service records.

I can't remember the last time I've seen an all original e30 this clean and complete. 96k original miles. Original radio with both code cards, even the tape deck cleaning kit. Everything works on it. Always garaged and spent the last 10 years in there under a cover.

I picked it up and went through the car to get it running again- flushing the fuel system, installing a new fuel pump & filter, new battery, new rear strut mounts, brake flush, oil change, coolant flush, and generally cleaned it up. I left the 1998 tires on it in the spirit of originality but can replace them before sale if requested. It runs as it should now and drives great. Original trans was replaced in 93 by the dealer under warranty. There is not a speck of rust anywhere on this car. Exterior trim is mint. Body is dent free. The driver front fender had a previous dent that was PDR'd out so it's not perfect. Even the window trim shines like new. All original glass.

I would like to get $6000 for the car. SOLD I feel that is a very fair price given its condition and unique one owner history with full service records.

Full album: https://imageshack.com/a/74pl/1

EDIT 03-26:
    On top of the services above, I just today installed four brand new tires, new engine valve cover gasket, new front wheel bearing hubs, new front brake rotors/pads/sensor, new left rear brake caliper, and new rear brake rotors/pads/sensor. The price is staying the same. All the car needs is a new owner.

Last edited by deansbimmer; 04-09-2018, 03:28 PM.

OOPS, I posted this in the wrong forum. Would a mod please move this to the Sale forum please?

Comment

Very nice...glws!!!

Comment

Gorgeous car, I bet you can get more than that if you list it on Bring a Trailer.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
          Gorgeous car, I bet you can get more than that if you list it on Bring a Trailer.
          Thanks!

At least a dozen people who've seen the car have told me that too. I tried and they declined it. According to them they receive "dozens of submissions weekly for similar cars and they can't list them all".

I'm talking to a couple of possible buyers. I'll stick it on eBay to see what it gets up to if nobody seals a deal soon. I would be curious. The e30 market is so much stronger than when I sold my beloved 88 MTII.

Comment

Nice, clean car. Good luck dude.

Comment

what a beauty... glws. i'd keep it though. just sayin
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              '90 325i sedan daily driven
              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Beautiful e30!

You can always resubmit to BaT. They seem to have a dozen 911s running at this time, and sometimes they have Four e36 M3. I would a week or two and try again. I sold my NSX there in August. It was a mostly painless experience

Bid for the chance to own a 1995 Acura NSX at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,659.

Comment

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think that BAT are in the business of selling $6K E30s. It has been a while since I have seen one on there go for less than $8K. And I don't see a lot of 4 door cars on there either...

For what it is worth, I think that you have this car perfectly priced for what it is... just need to find the right buyer. GLWS!

Comment

Houndstooth! Want to trade for an '87 with leatherette....?
                    I doubt you want another automatic sedan, but I like the houndstooth on Cirrus beter than my alpine white.

Comment

On eBay with 6 days left!

Additional answers to questions:

The radio antenna works as does the radio. It has standard audio system. Sounds good for what it is. The volume knob does NOT pop and scratch through the speakers when you adjust it.

It has been cold here so testing the ac wasn’t exhaustive. All components function, aux fan, compressor kicks in etc, so it has been holding pressure and does work. It doesn’t blow ice cubes but it’s an original R12 system that hasn’t been serviced in 10 years.
                      Last edited by deansbimmer; 03-05-2018, 07:19 PM. Reason: Added q&a

Comment

Did the little old lady you bought it from know the value of the E30 market these days, or did she go by the blue book value? Lol.
                        I'm only half joking, I wish I could find someone who wasn't aware of what they had, not saying that you did though. But did you?

Also, it's a 325 not a 325i, although it clearly has the fuel injected M20 engine? What's up with that?

Good luck with the sale though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fakeplstctrees View Post
                          Also, it's a 325 not a 325i, although it clearly has the fuel injected M20 engine? What's up with that?

The ad states it’s a 325e. Never mentioned it being an i. Not sure what you’re talking about here since all e30’s are fuel injected regardless of model. There’s no funny business here.

Comment

Originally posted by deansbimmer View Post

The ad states it’s a 325e. Never mentioned it being an i. Not sure what you’re talking about here since all e30’s are fuel injected regardless of model. There’s no funny business here.
                            Not claiming any funny business, and the I stands for fuel injected, also there were a number of e30's that were carbureted. https://alexandrostsoukalas.weebly.com/engines.html

Also, I didn't see the e in the body of the ad until later, I just went by the subject field that said 325, and the photo that said 325. I got confused when I saw the fuel injected m20 engine in the photo. Didn't mean to make you think I was calling you out on funny business, I just got momentarily confused.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This car had sold but am relisting again due to TWO illiterate bidders.

This is an automatic sedan, not a manual!

This is NOT AN M3. I can't believe the winning bidder would need that clarified after the fact!

I need to get this car out of the shop. It is now in my way. I will negotiate on the price a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X