SOLD::DASC Downing Atlanta Supercharger kit for M42/M44 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD::DASC Downing Atlanta Supercharger kit for M42/M44 engine

DASC Downing Atlanta Supercharger kit for M42/M44 engines. Kit originally from E36 chassis. $2000 shipped, or best offer

This has been in my storage for a long time. It was bought it with the intention of fitting it to my M42 e30 318is but never got around to it. The kit came from an e36 car with its serpentine accessories. In addition to the DASC I also had all serpentine accessories, brackets and belts shipped to me so I could retrofit the whole setup to my V-belt engine. Not sure exactly whats needed to fit this to an e30.

Supercharger lobes have a few small scratches but look to be in good condition. Video below.
    The gaskets between intake manifold to supercharger and supercharger to intake elbow need to be replaced. Gasket paper should work fine for this (I disassembled them to inspect supercharger). A couple of smaller hoses have some cracks at the ends. They are not specialty hoses and should be easy to trim or replace. Everything else could use a good cleaning but is in decent condition.

Also comes with new phenolic intake manifold spacer, longer studs and gaskets (helps reduce temperatures and heatsoak).

I've also got digital copies of two install manuals and packing lists for e36 kits. PM me for manuals, packing lists, more pics, questions, etc.

Ignore the second supercharger, I dont have it anymore.

Not sure whats wrong with embedded youtube, but here's the link

https://youtu.be/hEKxdcPW-Ss">https://youtu.be/hEKxdcPW-Ss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
    Last edited by Victell; 06-02-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: youtube link not working

Why don’t you list this locally here on Oahu? I just met another m42 owner that said he wanted to find a DASC. Even i’d be interested down the line, just bad timing for me right now.

Comment

Why do these always pop up when I am out of money!!! GLWS

Comment

Same here, taking a trip this coming month and my money is going with me to pick up wheels.
        Not sure what your plans might be after you sell the supercharger, but if you’re interested in trading for my s50 that I have pulled along with swap parts for an e30, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickAlpinweiss View Post
          Why don’t you list this locally here on Oahu? I just met another m42 owner that said he wanted to find a DASC. Even i’d be interested down the line, just bad timing for me right now.
          I posted it to Craigslist Oahu a little while ago. I wondered why I didnt get any responses and just found out now my post was flagged for removal. Ive never had this happen before. There was no notification nor reason. This is weird.

Originally posted by SlickAlpinweiss View Post
          If you’re interested in trading for my s50 that I have pulled along with swap parts for an e30, let me know.
          Im more in need of funds than car fun stuff at the moment, unfortunately. What wheels are you getting? Curious...
          Last edited by Victell; 05-31-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I’ll be back in July, not sure if you’ll still have it by then.
            Looking to pick up BBS RS in japan, second choice would be acs, last choice would be euroweaves or the shop I’m visiting do make custom 3-piece bottlecaps.

Comment

Any chance you would be able to provide some measurements on the intake manifold? I'm planning on doing my own SC setup, and it would be nice to have documentation on a pre-existing kit.

Comment

Originally posted by jwal View Post
                Any chance you would be able to provide some measurements on the intake manifold? I'm planning on doing my own SC setup, and it would be nice to have documentation on a pre-existing kit.
                There's a lot of dimensions on the manifold. What are you looking for?

The DASC manifold measurements can be helpful if you plan to use the eaton/magnusson compressor they spec'd for their kit. But if thats the case then it may be simpler to just get one of their kits - all the blueprinting and fabrication has been done already.

If you're doing your own SC setup then it would likely start with the dimensions of the compressor you plan to use. Then build a manifold based on that.
                Last edited by Victell; 06-02-2018, 03:14 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

i've sent you a PM
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Working...
                  X