$195 brake booster solution..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$195 brake booster solution..

bma lists the porsche booster for 194 and some change.. thats cheaper than zionsville, and it presumably brand new?

what do you all think? any cheaper options?

Rock Auto - http://www.rockauto.com - has them for $154.

Comment

Is there a certain year for the 944 booster that's considered ideal, or are they the same across the entire run? Is there a difference in the NA vs the Turbo models?

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

Pelican Parts shows the same part number for the entire run:

PN 944-355-023-11-M4
        Vacuum Brake Booster, For Use With ATE Master Cylinder, 944/944S/Turbo/968 (1983-95), 924S (1987-88 ), Each

I used a 944 booster with PN 944 355 025 02. Not sure what the difference is, if any. It was from a pre-facelift 944.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          I used a 944 booster with PN 944 355 025 02. Not sure what the difference is, if any. It was from a pre-facelift 944.

Theres also one that ends with 03 .
          I searched the boneyards recently and the 924 has one the is slighlt smaller diameter .....and the Vacuum connection is also indexed in another spot .

One yard in my area has 2-3 924's and 3 944's and the boosters would have been cheap enough but they did not seem like it would be fun to crawl under tha dash and try to wretle those old crusty nuts loose . :D

I ended up getting 2 used 944 boosters from eBay shipped for about $30 each .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            Theres also one that ends with 03 .
            I searched the boneyards recently and the 924 has one the is slighlt smaller diameter .....and the Vacuum connection is also indexed in another spot.
            Yeah, the 924 booster is probably an inch or so smaller in diameter, but is deeper.

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
            One yard in my area has 2-3 924's and 3 944's and the boosters would have been cheap enough but they did not seem like it would be fun to crawl under tha dash and try to wretle those old crusty nuts loose . :D
            Haha! I removed a booster from a 924 and a 944 at the boneyard. The 924 was easy to remove, I think it came from a dry climate. The 944, not so much. The input shaft jam nut was really stuck.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

are we looking for the girling or the ATE brand booster?

Comment

Ate

Comment

Guys... listen. Go to Auto Zone. Buy the E21 booster and modify it. Its like a hundred bucks. And probably 25 for a machine shop to modify it. Brand new booster. OEM remaned.

Comment

Working...
                  X