Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
    Need a tire recommendation from ya, street car, daily driver in the summer, new wheel setup is 16x9 et6 front and rear. Looking for a tire that wont have a excessive amount of stretch, would prefer square or a slight stretch. Low on Broadway Static coils with stiff rates and adjustable dampening, have a fender roller so I can do some rolling if needed.
    I do have a set of 205/45/16 Falken 512s that are almost new if I can't find a different tire setup, just trying to avoid the excessive stretch the 512s will have..
    Thanks!
    205/45/16 Yoko S.drive or BFG Comp-2 run nice and wide.

Comment

I bought these and they are sitting in a closet so maybe it's time for me put some rubber on them and I wonder how wide I can go without rubbing or using spacers on my '89 Vert. (I don't like the stretched look)

Thanks for your help!
      Life is a bitch and then you drive.
      - Kaotik_Life

Comment

Thought I would see what you think for my new rear setup tire wise - 15x10 +15 wheels going on a late model car with GE coil setup and I was looking at getting some Hankook RS3s in 225/45R15 but they are hard to get in AUS and ive been told they are out of stock for ~2 months.

I then thought maybe a 225/50R15 would work as I had 225/45R16 on a 16x9 +15 and it was fine... Would probably all come down to how wide the tire i pick actually runs....
        90 318i M62B44 OBD1
        02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaotik_Life View Post
          I bought these and they are sitting in a closet so maybe it's time for me put some rubber on them and I wonder how wide I can go without rubbing or using spacers on my '89 Vert. (I don't like the stretched look)

Thanks for your help!
          If they are indeed +23 then 225/45/16s can work without rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
            Thought I would see what you think for my new rear setup tire wise - 15x10 +15 wheels going on a late model car with GE coil setup and I was looking at getting some Hankook RS3s in 225/45R15 but they are hard to get in AUS and ive been told they are out of stock for ~2 months.

I then thought maybe a 225/50R15 would work as I had 225/45R16 on a 16x9 +15 and it was fine... Would probably all come down to how wide the tire i pick actually runs....
            225/45/15 is what I'd suggest hunting down. 225/50/15 is actually substantially wider than 225/45/16 in section width. On a 10" rim the average 225/50 would measure 10.6" while the 225/45 would be 10.0". That's a big difference for what you would think are equal widths.

Either way 15x10 +15 is a tough fitment.

Comment

Most of the 225/50s I have come across have a listed section width of 9.2-9.3", whereas a falken ze912 is listed as 9.0, hoping they run narrow enough, otherwise I'll just have to roll my guards properly..
              90 318i M62B44 OBD1
              02 530i Touring (Airlift 3P)

Comment

I am planning on Picking up some esm ls reps, Likely to be 15" or 16"what size backspace do I need to Be a direct fit?

Car is a 87 325i Saloon.

Comment

Hey there!

Looking at 2 sets of wheels.

One is 15x7 et16 tires 205/55 and the other is 16x8 et20.
                  Will I encounter any rubbing at all with the 15s?

And with the 16s will that rub at all? What size tire you recommend?
                  Oh and will I need spacers on any of the wheels to clear brakes/struts?

Car: late model with lower arches, lowered on I3 and Konis.

I really don't want to roll or pull my fenders.

Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bmw 325ixA Sedan, stock suspension parts.....

Hello.
                    I've been thinking about this summer tires for your car.
                    Wheels are 7x17-inch, ET 35
                    What kind of tire sizes should put in, generally fit even the wheels roll.
                    Do I need a spacer. How about if you put 5mm spacer behind the front is 5mm wider track width
                    Thank you for your advice
                    https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                    https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Originally posted by wakdog View Post
                      Most of the 225/50s I have come across have a listed section width of 9.2-9.3", whereas a falken ze912 is listed as 9.0, hoping they run narrow enough, otherwise I'll just have to roll my guards properly..
                      Yup. Years ago I ran 225/50 ZE-512s which had an 8.9" SW at +20. Did rub at all. Moved to the same size R-S2s sporting 9.2" SW. Horrible, horrible rubbing so bad the car barely wanted to move.

That's just 4mm of outside width added. That's why we have the giant thread, every mm counts. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Skunkworks View Post
                        I am planning on Picking up some esm ls reps, Likely to be 15" or 16"what size backspace do I need to Be a direct fit?

Car is a 87 325i Saloon.
                        We speak offset. Shoot me the available sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                          Hey there!

Looking at 2 sets of wheels.

One is 15x7 et16 tires 205/55 and the other is 16x8 et20.
                          Will I encounter any rubbing at all with the 15s?

And with the 16s will that rub at all? What size tire you recommend?
                          Oh and will I need spacers on any of the wheels to clear brakes/struts?

Car: late model with lower arches, lowered on I3 and Konis.

I really don't want to roll or pull my fenders.

Thanks!
                          15's won't rub. 16's won't rub with 205/50 tires. Strut clearance is fine but caliper clearance is dictated by spoke shape and not wheel specs. Gotta test fit them if you've never seen them on an E30 before.

Comment

Originally posted by Sade View Post
                            Hello.
                            I've been thinking about this summer tires for your car.
                            Wheels are 7x17-inch, ET 35
                            What kind of tire sizes should put in, generally fit even the wheels roll.
                            Do I need a spacer. How about if you put 5mm spacer behind the front is 5mm wider track width
                            Thank you for your advice
                            You should be able to use those without spacers, but they will be very sunken into the arches and look poor. I'd suggest 20mm spacers all around with 205/55 or 205/50 tires for the best look and performance.

Comment

16X8 et20 Rota slip streams. Lowered on GC coils. Slightly rolled in the rear, barely rolled in the front.

Currently rubbing like a mad man under turning or acceleration with 225/50/16 Nexens. Looking to move to 225/45/16 Dunlop starspec zII. Thoughts?

Comment

ive been looking at rpf1s any one have any experance with these they are a 16x7 35 will these fit with out spacers or will they look strange with out spacers thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                                X