Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xelo
    replied
    Hi guys,

I'm planning on "spaceing" my original 15" basketweaves (205/55/R15 7J ET24), looking for a flush / fatty fitment.
    As I measured, I would need 10mm spacer for the front and 20mm in the back - for the tire (not the rim, as it will sit much more inside the wheel well) to be flush with the arches. As my car is not considerably low (just Eibach springs), I would be having about 5-7cm (2-3inches) before tyre would do any rubbing (this should be considered car bouncing over hops), do you think this would work ? I would be rolling with ET14 on the front and ET4 in the back.

I really need to keep the wheel/tyre size as police do regularly checks and this comprises with that fatty fitment I want, too. Just need some info if someone else is rolling with ET4 in the back without stretched tyres.

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• mike11339
    replied
    Originally posted by Sladek View Post
    Looking for fitment advice on an E30 M3 with H&R race springs. I have a set of APEX ARC-8 wheels that are 17x8.5" ET20 that im trying to decide on tire size and determine whether or not I will need camber plates upfront. The tire size recommended is 215/40R17 but says may require some negative camber upfront depending on suspension setup. Since the H&Rs are so low but also pretty common I wanted to see if anyone else has experience fitting these or if there are other options
    Hi, Did you ever get these fitted and did you need camber plates?

Leave a comment:

• CavemanGB
    replied
    Saw a set of BBS reps for sale. Seller says they are 16x7.5 ET30, will I need spacers?

I checked the fitment thread and it looks like its within the range I need to be in. E30s are new to me, looking for some handholding lol.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee1006
    replied
    Hello I am newbie I purchase a 1990 325i doing a s52 swap so since the car is going to be down also doing a 5 lug swap 1999 z3M front knuckles and suspension in the rear going with the z4 hub and srs adapter kit with e46 brakes. If I wanted to run size 17 rim and tires what set up would work with this? Thanks for any reply

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by arcpolo View Post

i have Stan's old wheels. just recently put in new koni yellows and H&R sports and added additional spring pads in the rear with zero rubbing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cc5b9o2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9937772
    Looking good!

Leave a comment:

• arcpolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post

Ok cool I ran a 225/45R16 on a 16x8 et 23. I was lowered and had a slight rub in the rear. I raised the rear with some spring pads and that stopped. So you could go that size which is readily available and be fine if you are not lowered. If you are you may need a slight rear fender roll depending on how low.
    i have Stan's old wheels. just recently put in new koni yellows and H&R sports and added additional spring pads in the rear with zero rubbing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cc5b9o2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	9937772

Leave a comment:

• Gank61
    replied
    I just bought a set of Borbet B’s in 16x7.5 et30 and 16x9 et15. Any help on what size tires I should run? I have a 91 318i sedan and i will be putting on BC coilovers shortly. I’d rather not have super stretched tires but a little is alright. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Gank61; 07-06-2020, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Visors
    replied
    Hi All,

BMW 325is looking to run a set of 15" Basketweaves with a 205/55/R15 tire on it. Attempted to fit the wheel onto the car, but it was touching the suspension. What spacer size would I need to run these, with the stock chamfer on the rims? I can't seem to find any spacers with the stock chamfer.

Thanks,
    -Steve
    Last edited by Visors; 06-26-2020, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• g.ruff561
    replied
    Easy question. There is an overwhelming amount of info on custom wheel / tire set ups. My question is simple. I’m on H&R sports, Bilstien B8, wheels are Beyern Mesh, 17X7, et 27. My front tire size is 215/40/17. What is the widest tire I can mount in the rear? I do not want to use spacers, or modify fenders. Just a nice flush look with no rubbing. Feedback please.

Leave a comment:

• Chriskhz
    replied
    Hey everyone , needed to get some knowledge on fitment , im getting some bbs rs 16x8.5 et 15 , and want to know what tires are the right ones ? I dont want to much of a stretch tire either . And what kind of work would my fenders need ?

Leave a comment:

• bradmer
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    Looking to change up my tires for more grip. Early model, 5 lug conversion. Front spindle adds 12mm per side. e30 m3 rear hubs are stock offset.
    Rolled front and rear fenders.

Old setup:
    F: 17x8.5 et 20 215/45 Hankook RS3 (fit with 2.5 degrees camber)
    R: 17x9 et 30 225/45 Hankook RS3 + 3mm spacer (fit easily, no rubbing)

New:
    F: 17x8.5 et20 235/40 Federal FZ-201S (adding 1 degree of camber for 3.5 total)
    R: 17x9 et30 235/40 Federl FZ-201S (no spacer)

I've read that 235/40 will fit. Has anyone run this size square? How much fender gap?
    I run both BFG Rival S slicks and Yokohama S Drives sized 235/40/17 on APEX ARC8 flat face wheels which have an et of 10. I run them square on a 1987 early with the liners pulled and the fenders rolled. With no sway in the rear it rubs a touch on the fender with the square edged BFG slicks, with the factory sway and oem sway bushings it has not rubbed yet. The S Drives have not rubbed at all. Fronts look like they should but do not.
    Pictured with no sway in rear.
    edit for suspension details; H&R race spings, Bilstein B36-2027 24-020275 shocks, camber plates

Click image for larger version  Name:	49741200706_b498258530_z.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	9925611
    Last edited by bradmer; 05-14-2020, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Looking to change up my tires for more grip. Early model, 5 lug conversion. Front spindle adds 12mm per side. e30 m3 rear hubs are stock offset.
    Rolled front and rear fenders.

Old setup:
    F: 17x8.5 et 20 215/45 Hankook RS3 (fit with 2.5 degrees camber)
    R: 17x9 et 30 225/45 Hankook RS3 + 3mm spacer (fit easily, no rubbing)

New:
    F: 17x8.5 et20 235/40 Federal FZ-201S (adding 1 degree of camber for 3.5 total)
    R: 17x9 et30 235/40 Federl FZ-201S (no spacer)

I've read that 235/40 will fit. Has anyone run this size square? How much fender gap?

UPDATE: 235/40 fit all around with some more fender rolling.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• jwetering
    replied
    Ok guys.

BBS wheel stamped with the VW logo, look exactly like euro weaves.

Stamping says 15x6.5
    Offset 33

Will these fit without rubbing on my strut if I run a 205 mm tire?

Ideally someone is running this exact setup and can confirm.

Book says a 15x7 wheel needs 25 mm offset. Crunching numbers says a 6.5 inch wheel will need 31 mm. 2mm difference ain't much, but it's not zero.

Leave a comment:

• MatteStrom
    replied
    Hey

I have a 94 318i touring on yellowspeed coils.
    Would I be able to fit 17x8.5 ET17 Oz futuras without completely ruining my fenders? They are originally ET37 but will need 4x100 to 5x112 spacers and the thinnest I can find are 20mm

Also they are on 215/45 tires atm which if I'm able to fit the rims I'm sure the tires are too big so what tire size should I run?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Masry30 View Post
    16x7.5 ET 25 all around on a 9/87 (facelift) with 60/60 lowering. will it fit? if so which tyre dimensions to go for?

Thank you in advance.
    Should fit no problem, although not sure what wheels so you will need to check the brakes. You could actually space them out a bit with 5mm maybe even 10 to get them more flush. I would go 205/50R16 for the size, it will fit easy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X