No announcement yet.

Premium Sound upgrade kit feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the tweeters in today; already been running the woofers for several weeks...

The Dayton Audio tweeters recommended in this setup are much silkier and a bit more detailed than my older Infinity Kappa Perfects. The Kappas are known for being harsh and bright, and they definitely were. Cannot wait to see how the new crossovers smooth over this entire setup!!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Just got my mids and tweets from Dayton today

Comment

For those of you that have modified the tweeter housing and put it back in - is the Dayton tweeter supposed to fit flush inside the housing once you remove the cross-brace? I used a dremel to remove the cross brace, widen the opening, and smooth out some of the rest of the stuff on the inside of the housing, but the tweet still does not fit 'inside' the housing, it rests on top of it. Will this fit back in?

Also, Luke, any news on the crossovers

Comment

No, it does not sit flush in the ring that had the cross brace. I just tried the best fit and super glued it in place.Make sure you test fit the panels before you glue it completely.
          Originally posted by jdusty4 View Post
          For those of you that have modified the tweeter housing and put it back in - is the Dayton tweeter supposed to fit flush inside the housing once you remove the cross-brace? I used a dremel to remove the cross brace, widen the opening, and smooth out some of the rest of the stuff on the inside of the housing, but the tweet still does not fit 'inside' the housing, it rests on top of it. Will this fit back in?

Also, Luke, any news on the crossovers

Comment

E34 Driver rear install PICS

Hey,

The new E34 drivers came in yesterday, These are nice. (#65 138 370 935) So OEM and I love it! No fitment issues, magnet on the E34 is a good bit larger than on the original premium driver.
            Beside the major price reduction positive aspect of this upgrade (Thanks Luke!) there is the added facet of it looking stealthy by being almost totally OEM. No one knows what is under the grilles. I like the sleeper aspect of it.
            I just look like another old man driving around his old BMW. ;)

Comparison of magnet size difference

THANKS LUKE!

Stan

Comment

E34 Driver dual terminals picture

Hey all,
              Picture of the European only E34 driver dual input terminals.
              BMW part# 65 13 8 370 935

Any idea which is which? Luke help!

Thanks,
              Stan

Comment

No, thats normal...the 2nd coil, the one that says "OBEN" isn't used, only the black one.

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Luke,
                  Thanks. That is what I thought but was not 100% sure of. Thanks for clearing it up.
                  Was the red terminal for the second voice coil for the E34 telephone?

Thanks,
                  Stan

Comment

I tried positioning the tweeter in the housing in the sail panel, but it didn't seem as if it would fit. Is there any reason not to mount the tweeter directly into the sail panel (with housing removed)? It doesn't touch the grill and it seems like this would definitely fit back in.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      If anyone is looking for a great value in wiring, I can highly recommend the Belva BAK44 amp kit, and a BBIC5 to add the third set of RCAs. If you call Sonicelectronix.com and drop German Audio Specialties, you should be able to get all of it for $50 or so.

This has 65 feet of decent speaker wire, a set of 4 channel RCAs and a mini-ANL fuse with enough 4ga to do the job.
                      Just placed the order for all of this stuff (plus some stuff for my WRX). Not a cheap purchase, all told. But the Belva kit was $49.99 with the extra RCAs.
                      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by jdusty4 View Post
                        I tried positioning the tweeter in the housing in the sail panel, but it didn't seem as if it would fit. Is there any reason not to mount the tweeter directly into the sail panel (with housing removed)? It doesn't touch the grill and it seems like this would definitely fit back in.

That is what I did. Used RTV to attach it in, so if need be can be removed in the future.

Thanks,

Stan

Comment

Luke, Any chance this is happening this week? 16 hour drive coming up Saturday and I could really use working sound up front.

Comment

Any update?
                            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Bump!

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                              HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                              **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Any update ? Are they finished?

Comment

Working...
                                X