No announcement yet.

Premium Sound upgrade kit feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, we are still on the road from BimmerFest. We are planning to take orders this week so we can have parts waiting for us when we get back. Costs are shown in the initial post, they will be $75 a pair for the crossovers and the midwoofer can be bought new or junkyard found. The tweeters are $15 each, so these can be assembled for as little as $95 a pair, or about $175 all brand new (parts costs are in the thread)

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      Guys, we are still on the road from BimmerFest. We are planning to take orders this week so we can have parts waiting for us when we get back. Costs are shown in the initial post, they will be $75 a pair for the crossovers and the midwoofer can be bought new or junkyard found. The tweeters are $15 each, so these can be assembled for as little as $95 a pair, or about $175 all brand new (parts costs are in the thread)
      Just let me know when to send payment for the crossovers.
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Are the e34 mids really that good?
        Front and rear correct?

Comment

They are a very good speaker, but far more importantly is that they work great for the E30 locations.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Luke, have you tested/done a frequency response graph these tweeters and mids with the crossover? excited about this but curious also about how it sounds.

Comment

E34 Drivers

Guys,
              I got this message from my OEM supplier when I ordered the E34 drivers:

" Unfortunately, part #’s 65138370935,(speaker) is/are currently on national backorder from BMW. Typically, backordered items take anywhere between 2 and 3 weeks to arrive here to our facility from Germany. We’ll process and ship your order once complete unless a partial shipment of all available items is needed."

You guys must have taken Luke's advice on these drivers.

Luke, how many of these belong to you?

Thanks,
              Stan

Comment

Originally posted by jdusty4 View Post
                Luke, have you tested/done a frequency response graph these tweeters and mids with the crossover? excited about this but curious also about how it sounds.
                No, in fact that is why we are not accepting deposits yet. The laptop with the RTA isn't available right now, but based on prior experience, this will be pretty decent.

Plus, we are on the road right now, doing a couple of installs in northern California.

BTW, does anyone know of any actual frequency response measurement shown for any car speaker system installed in any specific car? I don't know of anyone showing real "in car" measurements.

Sooner or later we will have FFT measurement capabilities... Serious real world measurement shown as actual tested results would be pretty nice, and certainly unique.

I know whenever I see some "calculated response curve" I just sort of giggle, knowing it's complete bullshit. The difference between a Honda and an E30 is incredible.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by The White Guy View Post
                  Guys,
                  I got this message from my OEM supplier when I ordered the E34 drivers:

" Unfortunately, part #’s 65138370935,(speaker) is/are currently on national backorder from BMW. Typically, backordered items take anywhere between 2 and 3 weeks to arrive here to our facility from Germany. We’ll process and ship your order once complete unless a partial shipment of all available items is needed."

You guys must have taken Luke's advice on these drivers.

Luke, how many of these belong to you?

Thanks,
                  Stan
                  Sounds like we already stressed the system, maybe the parts vultures of R3V need to get busy like they have done with the premium sounds.

I will keep you guys posted, even on the road!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Stereo installer.
                    Is there an equivalent speaker that is as good as the e34 speakers?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                      Stereo installer.
                      Is there an equivalent speaker that is as good as the e34 speakers?
                      As in aftermarket? No, nothing have ever found. Believe me, I have looked!

Closing SOON!

Comment

Do we know anything about the mids that the 93-5 one (65138370935) replaced? 65138350608, from 91-93. Are these comparable?

Comment

Yes, almost exactly the same.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Ok, I'm in for 1 pair.

Comment

A big shout out and thank you to Luke who's expertise I trust.
                              Thanks to Rmlr for his insight also.

Decided to do this swap as well since I had long since pried my tweeters out of my pods and premium speakers and was looking for a good tweeter to install in their place.

First off, these tweeters are top notch, do not let the made in China label fool you.
                              They are engineered and designed in the USA by Dayton. heat-sinked and ferrofluid cooled silk dome. Very nice specifications so I decided to go with them.
                              Parts Express is the shizz..Thanks LUKE..Part# ND25FN-4. $9.90ea. on sale.

Forgive me if the picture install links are not right..it has been a longtime since I posted pictures.

Tweeter Pods:

My tweeter pods need painting with SEM black. I found that the protective shipping cover that comes with the new tweeters will also work as a paint mask!

Waiting on my E34 drivers now..Thanks LUKE you saved me a ton of money, time to buy a Luke box with the savings.

Thanks,
                              Stan

Comment

Luke, is it okay to send payment yet for the simple crossover units? I want a pair to start off, since I am still only with a front sound stage.

What do you think is best with those Dayton midbasses you heard in my car?... The metal version or the less-bright version of the tweeter?

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
                                HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
                                **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

Working...
                                X