No announcement yet.

Turbo m52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! Are you sticking with 3.15 or considering something else?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Nice! Are you sticking with 3.15 or considering something else?
      If he did anything more aggressive, he'd have to go 5 lug just to deal with traction issues.

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
        Yeah its fun, still no animal its pretty well tamed believe it or not. Traction issues rolling it on in 2nd gear only. I guess it pulls pretty hard though lol.
        Oh? Only in 2nd, huh?

yeah right. That graph says otherwise, man.

That has got to be fun as hell.

Keep a close eye on your drivers license!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Polak, im running 14psi right now like the graph says. Its got a 3.15LSD in it with 205/55 rubbers. Yeah its fun, still no animal its pretty well tamed believe it or not. Traction issues rolling it on in 2nd gear only. I guess it pulls pretty hard though lol.
          1. Check into a 2.93 or a 2.79, that way you'll have an even larger powerband when you're in boost. My buddy's m20 turbo screams with the 2.79 that he converted to an lsd. his powerband in boost lasts so long in each gear! :twisted:

2. You need to step up to 17s. I have 235/40s all around and I'm putting down over 100whp/tq less then you. I still have traction issues without a proper launch in 1st with the 3.46 rear end. :D

3. I think pulls "pretty hard" is a bit of an understatement. ;)
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Right on man, yea it's a fun set up. I'm running AEM 30-1050 ecu. It's treating me well so far. Right now the holset turbo is the weak link.
            What manifold do you have and whats wrong with your holset?
            ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
              If he did anything more aggressive, he'd have to go 5 lug just to deal with traction issues.

Yikes!
              I was thinking more like 2.93 ...what does 5 lug have to do with this He can still go with 225s for more traction :)
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Jeez man, your car has progressed a hell of a lot since I last saw it. Congrats on everything, it looks great!

You still at UNH?
                Originally posted by BillBrasky
                E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
                1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
                1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
                1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
                2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Great engine! That's gotta be one hell of a car to drive!
                  stephenbrody.com

Comment

What transmission are you using? I took a peak through your original build thread and this one, didnt see any mention
                    http://bbswheels.blogspot.com

Comment

clean setup and good power. exemplary work.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

<- 350whp 2.93 lsd with 245s out back and I still slip in second gear. I need to get camber correction to get a better contact patch.

Comment

I'm planning on the same thing but with a M50NV. Studs and a MLS gasket. Going to throw 15psi on a HX35 at it and see what happens. I've heard I could get over 300whp with that.
                          1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                            I'm planning on the same thing but with a M50NV. Studs and a MLS gasket. Going to throw 15psi on a HX35 at it and see what happens. I've heard I could get over 300whp with that.
                            Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                              This is me with that setup (0.0140" mls) and a cracked manifold.

Comment

Haha guys traction really isnt that much of an issue. I keep upping the spool time with the aem ems boost control but itll just barely spin 3rd gear at about 16psi. I think the big fatty sidewall helps quite a bit. I like the 3.25LSD i have in there, i see no reason to change it. Its still faster than i need to go up top.

I dont mind the lack of traction, Its fun and it keeps me going slower lol. On the way to the store my roomate asked if the speed limit was for the car or the tires cause the cars going the speed limit... I will probably get some 225's as my tires are pretty shot (from all the 2nd gear burnouts lol)

Scabzzzz is right mcoupe rear and maybe then ill go to 17's only cause i have to. When i break the halfshafts ill go for mcoupe stuff and e36m fronts. Hopefully i dont break em till next summer... Maybe i should go with a 4 link 8.8..........

Tranny + driveshaft is a ZF320 out of a 99 e46 328i

Ben, thanks, she has come a long way!!! Im still at UNH. How you been, havent seen you in a while?!

I see hx35 as a great turbo (with the right hotside) but mine has a lot of shaft play and it leaks a decent amount of oil so that cant be good for hp. Im going with a t4 turbo, the car will be at 666fab for a manifold not this week but next week. Hopefully i can scrounge up some money to have a turbo by then! (shameless plug at my stuff FS)

And yeah your right its pretty quick. Im finally starting to see that i need to chill out and be content with it for a while untill i get a daily car lol.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, means a lot!

And im working on a in car video. Trying to get the GoPro set up so you can see the tach and actually hear the engine...
                                Last edited by So Live; 09-22-2009, 02:33 PM.
                                -Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X