SPORT MAX?!?!? sport max guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPORT MAX?!?!? sport max guys!

I tried to do a search, but couldnt find nothing to answer my questions..

IMO these wheels look BAD A**! Why do people not like them? I tried to get a set put on today with 205 50 16, and it was rubbing! so i tried 205 40 16, and it was STILL rubbing, actually stripped the rear tires!! my setup isnt that low. looks like billys, and kind of purple springs, that were both on there already when i bought the e30 (ride height compared to pics in the suspensions thread is just like the billies, and hr race springs).. TO the sport max guys, what did you guys have to do to fit these 0 offset wheels? tires, suspension, body mods, etc?? dude from the tire shop was saying my billies were probably shot, PLS HELP ME OUT GUYS!!! THANKS AGAIN!! ;)

P.S.
    I have a 4 DR 89 325i.

-MITCH

So you put 0 offset wheels and wonder why it's rubbing? serious?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      So you put 0 offset wheels and wonder why it's rubbing? serious?
      wondering how the guys with them arent rubbin... thanks tho.

Comment

multi lug and heavy. Roll the lips
        Custom Made Skid Plates For Sale.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=111469
        http://raceskids.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ejnight View Post
          multi lug and heavy. Roll the lips
          ah, i see... ya i think in my case i really dont mind because for me the e30 was just for DD or cruising. are there any other wheels out there that are comparable to sport max in looks that you know of? will rolling the lips/ fenders make that much of a difference? thanks for the reply!

Comment

There are heavier wheels out there.

I've had a set of 513's with 205/50/16 on 16x7 front and 16x8 et0 rear on 3 different e30's at some time or another. Just roll and pull the rears and just rolled the fronts and i'm fine.

If you wannt see pics then search my threads started.

Comment

sportmax wheels are pot metal junk.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

OP, roll the fenders and try some stiffer springs. Making sure your billies aren't blown would help as well.

To the sportmaxx haters: The wheels are just as strong most other wheels out there. If you're having problems with them I suggest you stop hitting curbs and watch where you are driving. And when did a 16lb 16" wheel become heavy?
                -tim
                Originally posted by Jordan
                I like the stance
                -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Yeah they are played out, especially the 502's (sorry guys with them)... but i got the 513's and i haven't seen many other people with them. Of course they are no bbs, but they get the job done if you have a low budget for your car.

I mean in reality the majority of the general public, besides euro/ sport compact guys, doesn't even know that they are cheapo wheels. I get compliments about my wheels and car multiple times every day. Only time i get shit for them is car shows and forums haha.... which i expect anyway. :)

Comment

Truth. I just picked up some 521s to see how I like them. Not bad so far. Had a car G2G yesterday and half of the guys there don't even know who or what sportmaxx/XXr is.
                    -tim
                    Originally posted by Jordan
                    I like the stance
                    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Love my sportmax!

i have 205/45 tires on 16X8 et 15 offset, late model and lowerd too...no rubbin at all even when cornering hard.

Can't beat them for the pice and the sweet deepdish.
                      Originally posted by e30e
                      lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

I like my 501's they get the job done and they come in a very nice selection of colors as well. I have 205/45/16s on them right now and I run et0 front and et5 rear. I am dumped on coils and have creditcard clearance in the rear. I barely rub under very hard cornering. The fronts, I never rub. I rolled and pulled the fenders a few years ago and still have no problems. Your problem is more than likely the rear fender lip. If its not rolled, it sticks into the wheel well a good 3/4" which will destroy new or used tires.

hope that helps.

Taylor
                        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                          Your problem is more than likely the rear fender lip. If its not rolled, it sticks into the wheel well a good 3/4" which will destroy new or used tires.
                          Truth. Two of my tires are completely unreadable, can't even tell what they are unless you see the tread.
                          Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

the only problem rubbing i've had is now with my cabrio cus i have 205/55's and am on coupe springs.

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
                              the only problem rubbing i've had is now with my cabrio cus i have 205/55's and am on coupe springs.
                              those are some tall sidewalls but with basically stock springs you should expect rubbing. Maybe step it down a size and you'll be good. I mean the perfect size tire for a 16" wheel from a stock 14" wheel is a 215/45/16. That way there is no speedo error and the overall height is the same as stock. a 205/55 will cause almost a 5% speed error so if your speedo says youre going 60mph then you are really going 57mph. not a huge difference but that gap will keep getting bigger the faster you go.

Taylor
                              Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                              Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X