Just got fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got fired

Feels bad man, I have never been fired before, every time I left a job I had something else lined up and now I am just sitting at home instead of at work and its just such a weird feeling and I don't know what to do next. At the same time being a mechanic wasn't really all I had it cracked up to be so I also feel like more doors are open now and I can find something even more enjoyable. I have a high school degree and graduated a tech school to be a mechanic, the world is my oyster, what should I be now?

be a buisness man. create an image for yourself, be a consultant of somesort. charge rediculous amounts of money for only your opinion, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Be your own boss? Work on cars till you get something lined up. If you want to work at a Jiffy lube in crystal lake I got the DM's cell number. lo. in all seriousness though. Work side jobs until you find something you like. Maybe being your own boss as a mechanic might make you love it more and open up a small shop.
      Originally posted by Good & Tight
      It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

sorry to hear about your job...but like you said you have lots of doors open now take your time and make the best of it...like Devon said " make an image for yourself " and good luck with everything
        sigpichttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Monke...58912484208638

Comment

Sucky.

maybe a change of scenery is needed?
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
            Be your own boss? Work on cars till you get something lined up. If you want to work at a Jiffy lube in crystal lake I got the DM's cell number. lo. in all seriousness though. Work side jobs until you find something you like. Maybe being your own boss as a mechanic might make you love it more and open up a small shop.
            this... Mobile Mechanic
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            ---------------------------------
            89 E30 S52
            Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
              this... Mobile Mechanic
              Funny thing is my friends shop was called mobile mechanic. He recently changed it after getting calls from people asking him to change their transmissions in their driveways.

Comment

I was working on boats, so a mobile business wouldn't be that bad of an idea, but I feel like I still have a lot I need to learn before I am the guy in charge.

Comment

experience teaches you how to succeed.

everyone is born a leader. you just have to unleash it.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                  89 E30 S52
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

i got tired of working for someone else and making them richer. so i decided i'd be my own boss. now i am for the last 5 years and I spend a lot of time with what i want. i don't let my work get in the way. more play and less work.
                    89 E30 S52
                    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

You know what your capable of more than anyone else does. Don't doubt yourself and just get into it. Start small and go big. You know what some repairs cost time wise and skill wise so charge accordingly and make your money. Work smart, not hard.

Comment

experience teaches you how to succeed.

everyone is born a leader. you just have to unleash it.
                        i got tired of working for someone else and making them richer. so i decided i'd be my own boss. now i am for the last 5 years and I spend a lot of time with what i want. i don't let my work get in the way. more play and less work.
                        Pretty inspiring words, may I ask what it is that you do?

Comment

sorry to hear that bud. I'm sure another opportuniy will present itself so you can stay on your feet. mechanics are always in demand and will be until cars are self-serviced. how much experience do you have?

Originally posted by Ryan...
                          It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

this is AMERICA dude, get an on line certificat of ministry and start your own church. the e30 tabernacle church of the holy m20. and live tax free for the rest of your life
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
                              this is AMERICA dude, get an on line certificat of ministry and start your own church. the e30 tabernacle church of the holy m20. and live tax free for the rest of your life
                              That put a smile on my face, I needed that thanks:)

Comment

Working...
                              X