• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh, i digress. I want boobs.

Comment

Found this browsing around the interwebs

Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Earth from the ISS, photos by Astronaut Ron Garan [35 pics]

By Marcus Hirn on September 1, 2011 in ISS, Nasa, Nature, Space

287digg
        143Share

In March 2011, Astronaut (Colonel, USAF, Ret.) Ronald J. Garan boarded a Soyuz spacecraft and started his incredible 6-month mission to the ISS. Even if we have seen many astronauts go up we still think each and everyone of them are heroes, their sacrifice enormous and the results spectacular. Ron Garan is currently assigned to Expedition 27/28. He is also known as @Astro_Ron on twitter, where he has been tweeting space photos to his followers since he arrived at the space station.

Ron Garan is also connected to the website Fragile Oasis with the following statement by Ron:
        “It is very difficult to look at our beautiful Earth from space without being moved in some way. One of the main goals of Fragile Oasis is to share this orbital perspective and inspire people to go out and make a difference; to go out and somehow make life better for those with whom they share this fragile oasis. The Fragile Oasis community was established to unite in the common goal of sharing our humanity and improving our world. Let us inspire, recognize, and help each other in our collective quest to make life better on our planet. ” Ron Garan

We are very grateful for his sacrifice and that he enlightens our day with the following space photos (all visible on Astro_Ron’s twitpic account). We want to make it clear Triggerpit does not have any affiliation with Astronaut Garan nor NASA [35 Pictures]

Go Atlantis!
        Earth from the ISS Photo Credit: NASA.

Earth from the ISS: Gulf of St Lawrence
        Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

NASA astronaut Ronald J. Garan
        Born on October 30, 1961 in Yonkers, NY. Military decorations include the Distinguished Flying Cross for Combat Valor, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Aerial Achievement Medal, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor, National Defense Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Award, Kuwait Liberation Medal, and various other service awards. NASA Superior Accomplishment Award and the NASA Exceptional Achievement Medal.

Distinguished Graduate and Top Academic Award USAF Fighter Weapons School; Twice selected as Top Academic Instructor Pilot USAF Weapons School; USAF Weapons School and USAF Weapons and Tactics Center Lt. Gen. Claire Lee Chennault Award; Distinguished Graduate Squadron Officers School; Top Academic Award F-16 Replacement Training Unit (RTU). Honorary Doctor of Science Degree from the State University of New York.Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan and bethblog

The ISS seen from Atlantis
        Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Etna
        Sicily’s Mt. Etna was smoking today (4:25 pm GMT 6/23/11). Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: English Channel
        England and Netherlands. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Beautiful day over Newfoundland

Earth from the ISS: California coast at daybreak

Earth from the ISS: Los Angeles at night

Incredible Photos from Space: Sunrise

Earth from the ISS: England
        A beautiful sunset over England on the eve of the Royal Wedding Taken 4/28/11 at 6:36pm GMT. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Turks and Caicos Islands
        We really do have a beautiful Fragile Oasis Turks & Caicos Islands, Inagua and Cuba (under the clouds). Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: The Mississippi River
        New Orleans at sunset with the Mississippi, taken 5/13/11 at 10:51pm GMT. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: The Hamptons
        The Hamptons and New London. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: South Coast of Spain
        South coast of Spain (I think) comes alive as the last glimpse of the day (May 1st ’11) is visible. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: A heavenly smile
        With a view like that, I would smile too! Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Ron Garan Spacewalk with Persian Gulf Backdrop
        Standing On Top of the World! Px @Astro_Aggie took of me yesterday duirng our spacewalk. Nice view of Persian Gulf. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Pico de Cristobol Colon
        Snow capped Pico de Cristobol Colon rises out of the haze near Colombia’s Caribbean coast. Earth from ISS on 7/9/11 photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: New Zealand

Earth from the ISS: New Orleans
        New Orleans and the Mississippi River. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Lightning seen from space
        What lightening looked like from space yesterday during Perseids Meteor Shower. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Corsica and Southern France
        What sunset looked like yesterday (8/20/11) from space over Corsica, Sardinia, French- and Italian Rivieras. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Denmark
        Denmark and southern Sweden. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: The Great Lakes
        Toronto, Buffalo, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie and Lake Huron from space. Taken yesterday at 12:01pm GMT. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Lake Powell and South Western Colorado

Earth from the ISS: Lake Superior
        Canada’s Lake Nipigon drains into Lake Superior, 1 of 5 North American Great Lakes. Taken 7/31. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Marsh fire close to New Orleans
        Caught this marsh fire near New Orleans from space on 8/27/11 at 7:31pm GMT. NOFD allowed it to burn out (inaccessible). Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Iceberg in the Labrador Sea
        A lonely iceberg in the Labrador Sea off Petty Harbour It’s bigger than my hometown of Yonkers, NY. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA/Astronaut Ron Garan

Earth from the ISS: Megalopolis
        Atlantic Seaboard ‘Megalopolis’ at Night (NASA, International Space Station, 04/06/11) A night time view of the Atlantic Seaboard Conurbation, United States of America, is featured in this image photographed by an Expedition 27 crew member on the International Space Station.

As regional metropolitan areas expand in both physical area and population, they typically aggregate to form economically, politically, and to some extent socially linked entities known as conurbations — the term “megalopolis” has also been used. One of the largest conurbations in the world is located along the eastern coastline of the United States, and has been termed the Atlantic Seaboard Conurbation (ASC). The ASC extends over 1,000 kilometers and includes the major economic, governmental, and cultural centers of Boston, Mass.; New York, N.Y.; Philadelphia, Pa.; Baltimore, Md.; and Washington, D.C.

This photograph includes every metropolitan area in the ASC except for Boston, Mass. (located off the image to the northeast of New York, N.Y.). The image was taken during “local night”, which highlights the position and extent of each metropolitan area along the eastern seaboard by their urban lighting patterns. The establishment and growth of the conurbation was facilitated by transportation networks (railroads, highways, and air travel routes) for transfer of goods, materials, and population between the metropolitan areas. Two other large metropolitan areas are visible in the image — Norfolk, Va. and Richmond, Va. at upper right — but these are not considered to be part of the ASC.

In contrast to the city lights that mark metropolitan areas and smaller communities along the sea coast and interior, the Atlantic Ocean appears as a featureless dark region occupying the upper left quarter of the image.Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Kairo
        Nile River Delta, Mediterranean Sea (NASA, International Space Station, 08/18/11). The Nile River Delta and part of the Mediterranean Sea can be seen in this night time photo captured by one of the Expedition 28 crew members aboard the International Space Station, flying at an altitude of approximately 220 miles. A 38-mm focal length was used to record the image.Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Horseshoe Wildfire in Arizona
        Horseshoe 2 Wildfire, Arizona (NASA, International Space Station, 05/08/11). The Horseshoe 2 fire is featured in this image photographed by an Expedition 27 crew member on the International Space Station. The Horseshoe 2 fire, located along the southeastern flank of the Chiricahua Mountains in southeastern Arizona, began on May 8, 2011 at approximately 11:00 a.m.

The fire is thought to have been started by human activities. This photograph illustrates the area (approximately 8,900 hectares, or 22,110 acres) and position of the fire within the mountains on May 15, 2011, as well as an extensive smoke plume extending to the east-northeast over a distance of at least 60 kilometers (approximately 40 miles). As of May 19, 2011, the fire had burned an area of nearly 14,000 hectares (approximately 34,400 acres) of grasses, shrubs, and trees along the mountain slopes.

| The Chiricahua Mountains are included within the Chiricahua National Monument located near the borders of Arizona, USA; New Mexico, USA; and Chihuahua, United Mexican States. Elevations in the mountains range from approximately 914 — 3,267 meters (300 — 10,720 feet) above sea level. The higher elevations — known regionally as “sky islands” — allow for biologically diverse plant and animal communities, adapted to cooler and wetter conditions, to survive while surrounded by semi-arid to arid desert conditions at lower elevations. The image highlights this contrast in environments; pine and oak forest contributes to the dark coloration of the upper slopes and peaks of the Chiricahuas at center, while the flat, gray to tan surface of Willcox Playa (an interior-draining basin or dry lake) to the northwest is indicative of the adjacent desert environment.Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Like a scene from Star Wars – and X-wing approaches
        Kepler on the horizon. Backdropped by Earth’s horizon and the blackness of space, European Space Agency’s (ESA) “Johannes Kepler” Automated Transfer Vehicle-2 (ATV-2) begins its relative separation from the International Space Station. The ATV-2 undocked from the aft port of the Zvezda Service Module at 10:46 a.m. (EDT) on June 20, 2011. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Gulf of Cortez
        Mexico, Baja, California, Gulf of Cortez. A crewmember on the joint STS-135/Expediton 28 aggregation photographed this image of parts of Mexico, including Baja California the Gulf of Cortez. Ten astronauts and cosmonauts are currently aboard the joint Atlantis/station complex sharing chores. This photo opportunity presented itself on July 12 — a very busy spacewalk day. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Shooting star seen from the ISS
        Astronaut Ron Garan, Expedition 28 flight engineer, tweeted this image from the International Space Station on Aug. 14 with the following caption: “What a ‘Shooting Star’ looks like from space, taken yesterday during Perseid Meteor Shower.”

The image was photographed from the orbiting complex on Aug. 13 when it was over an area of China approximately 400 kilometers to the northwest of Beijing. The rare photo opportunity came as no surprise since the Perseid Meteor Shower occurs every year in August.

The meteors are particles that originate from the comet Swift-Tuttle along its orbital path; the comet’s orbit is close enough for these particles to be swept up by the Earth’s gravitational field each year. Green and dim yellow airglow appears as thin layers visible above the limb of the Earth, extending from image left to upper image right. Atoms and molecules above 50 kilometers in the atmosphere are excited by sunlight during the day, and then release this energy at night producing primarily green light observable from orbit. The sun is low on the horizon as it appears near part of one of the station’s solar panel arrays at image upper right. Earth from ISS photo credit: NASA

Earth from the ISS: Astronaut Ron Garan’s fot
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^^^
          best photos in this thread so far.

Comment

I guess I will unload some babes from tumblr:

Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Fuck, I need to find me a girl friend for this winter to nestle my penis inside and keep it warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
                Fuck, I need to find me a girl friend for this winter to nestle my penis inside and keep it warm.
                I dont recommend that as a pickup line.
                sigpic

Comment

Wow, yeah you do...

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                  Originally posted by DTM190
                  "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Deltron Dirty30 View Post
                    :)

OMGBBQ that one spooked me a little

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                      I recommend you use that as a pickup line.
                      fixed

Comment

love me some tumblr.

presenting selena gomez.

Last edited by Deltron Dirty30; 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM.
                        Originally posted by HarryPotter
                        not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                        Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ernest1 View Post
                            Bitch Needs to learn how to Iron...... where's my Sandwich....!:hitler:
                            https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X