R3VLimited Forums  

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Classified Forums > Product Reviews

Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #31
Trptguy
Mod Crazy

that really sux.

I had my seats redone last year and I couldn;t be happier with the work. If anyone is looking for a shop take a look at Belmont Seat Cover in Massachusetts. They do really great work for a fraction of the cost of others.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #32
drtwofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thizzelle View Post
thanks for the review
that 45 day thing is bullshit, should call someone working there.
You want to know the really crazy thing? You can't call eBay on the phone without a case number, which they will not provide if you're more than 45 days past the auction end date. Catch-22, huh? Hadn't even occurred to me this would be the case while I was trying to work this out with the seller.
drtwofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #33
RobertK
Kicked cancer's ASS.

Did you use Paypal funds to pay for it or a credit card?

If you used a credit card through Paypal you still have the option to file a dispute through your CC company. They will force the chargeback through Paypal and Paypal cannot stop it.
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #34
drtwofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertK View Post
Did you use Paypal funds to pay for it or a credit card?

If you used a credit card through Paypal you still have the option to file a dispute through your CC company. They will force the chargeback through Paypal and Paypal cannot stop it.
Let's just say I learned another lesson in that regard
Old 04-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
nomansland92
E30 Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your luck but I'm glad you posted this because I was going to buy seats from him also. Definitely will stay away now.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build
here
nomansland92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
ethrtyiS
R3V OG

you sure you can't speak with someone on ebay customer service and explain how he delayed more than a week to get back to you and how he blatantly disregards your issues? definitely pay with a credit card hooked to your paypal. if you have the money ready, use the credit card and pay it off. builds credit and in case something like this were to ensue again, you can take care of it. best of luck op.

1989 Schwärtz 325i - SOLD | 1995 Cösmö M3 DD/Träck Cär
my feedback thread - www.travisroche.com - www.symmetricalkoncepts.com
ethrtyiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #37
drtwofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethrtyiS View Post
you sure you can't speak with someone on ebay customer service and explain how he delayed more than a week to get back to you and how he blatantly disregards your issues? definitely pay with a credit card hooked to your paypal. if you have the money ready, use the credit card and pay it off. builds credit and in case something like this were to ensue again, you can take care of it. best of luck op.
I'm not normally quite such a dummy as that - I'll just say the newborn kept me up the night before

The only customer service number I can find on eBay's site has an automated firewall that requires you to enter a case number before it will let you talk to anyone. Maybe if I do some digging I can find a real number to call. I may just cut my losses and try to tear the seat apart this weekend though.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #38
drtwofish

Just a quick update to this thread, for anyone still interested - I decided this past weekend to try to swap over the hinge mechanisms from my comfort seat to see if that would fix the play problem. Both hinges came off the comfort seat easily, and were much newer and cleaner than the ones on the sport seat. Got the right-hand mechanism off the sport seat, but the left (lever) mechanism was frozen onto the frame. There was a good amount of rust on the frame, so I'm guessing the inner sleeve was corroded on.

Anyway, I installed the cleaner right hinge since I was already in there, put it all back together, and no difference. It appears the play is in the structure of the seat base itself, maybe in the pivots where it attaches to the rails. So, oh well - I think that's beyond my capabilities to fix. I may take it to a local interior shop to see if they can do anything, but in the meantime I re-swapped the hinges back to their original seats and have reinstalled the original seats. C'est la vie, and thanks for all your help.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #39
D-rock
Mod Crazy

Always pay with AMEX you can literally file a claim/dispute one year later!

Sorry about the scammer.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
ethrtyiS
R3V OG

american express is great.

1989 Schwärtz 325i - SOLD | 1995 Cösmö M3 DD/Träck Cär
my feedback thread - www.travisroche.com - www.symmetricalkoncepts.com
ethrtyiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #41
el bimmer
E30 Modder

Wow, I was going to buy these....That sucks!

el bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
MiloMyless
Noobie

Also had a dispute over a set of plastic bumpers earlier this year.. Be careful.
MiloMyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #43
Bimmerguy91
Mod Crazy

I hate to hear this happened to you that really sucks. It looks the covers he makes are nice he just needs to take a little more time installing them. My friend bought these seats already recovered like you did and he has no problem with them. Maybe you just got unlucky? IDK either way he should resolve the issue with you or issue a refund.
Bimmerguy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #44
drtwofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
I hate to hear this happened to you that really sucks. It looks the covers he makes are nice he just needs to take a little more time installing them. My friend bought these seats already recovered like you did and he has no problem with them. Maybe you just got unlucky? IDK either way he should resolve the issue with you or issue a refund.
Thanks! Unfortunately I was never able to resolve the issue, and the seats have been sitting on my back porch ever since. I actually just bought an e36 M3 to replace my iX though, so will be letting the seats go with the car to the next owner. Maybe he'll have more luck than me getting them working properly. So it goes, and lessons learned!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
pogokat
Wrencher

this seems like the kind of thing that should be bumped periodically---those seats look tasty on ebay...but i'd be filled with murderous rage if i got broken crap for that amount of money...kudos to the op for saving a bunch of us trouble
pogokat is offline   Reply With Quote