Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! G265 transmission mounts in E30 chasis???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! G265 transmission mounts in E30 chasis???

Hello guys,

I'm currently doing the common M30 E30 swap! Alright this is what I have, M30b34 with a Getrag 265 with e30 M3 tranny cross membrane and E30 polyurethane mounts. I also have polyurethane motor mounts so when bolted on tight it doesn't allow my tranny to fall down. My problem is the polyurethanes for the tranny are not tall enough!!!

What mount should I use for this? Where did I go wrong?

I also inspected the E30 mounts and the E28 mounts and they are the same height, should I fabricate something or is there a mount out there that I can get? thanks

What motor mounts do you have on?
    You should use E30 M3 or e24 635csi transmission mounts.

Comment

How much lower than needed are they? We used e30 mounts without any issues. It's possible that you're using the wrong motor mounts and your motor side of things is up too high.
      cars beep boop

Comment

More information about my car, 1985 323i Euro.

I bought the mounts from tcmotorsports

parts description:
        - MTS325MM Motor Mount Set - Polyurethane 75D (straight bolt-through) for BMW e30 (323 and 325 only)
        - TM3036 Transmission Mount Set - Polyurethane 75D for BMW e30 (318, 323 and 325 only), E36 (318, 323, 325, 328, M3) and e46 (323, 325, 328, 330, M3), z3 and z4.

I still need 2 to 2.5 inches for the tranny mount to sit on the member.

Here is a picture:
        - top is the E30 M3 tranny cross member, E30 tranny cross member.
        - (left to right) Polyurethane transmission mount, E30 transmission mount, and E28 535i transmission mounts.

Where did I go wrong...?
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the engine mount picture. The top is the original and the one that is bolted on is the polyurethane.
          Attached Files

Comment

What's your engine mounts (the blue metal in the picture)?
            For the transmission, use E30 M3 cross member combined with trans mounts you have on the last one on the right of your picture, which is e30 m3 or e28 535i (1985) or e24 635csi.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
              What's your engine mounts (the blue metal in the picture)?
              For the transmission, use E30 M3 cross member combined with trans mounts you have on the last one on the right of your picture, which is e30 m3 or e28 535i (1985) or e24 635csi.
              Yes, the second picture with red-poly mounts mounted on blue metal m30b34 mounts are my engine mounts. I have the OEM mounts sitting on top for size comparison.

On the first picture I have an E30 M3 cross member. The first picture, red mounts farthest to the left, are those not E30M3 mounts?

Thanks

Meng

Comment

You need to use trans mounts with the "bent" stud, combined with that e30 m3 aluminum cross member.

Comment

You need to use trans mounts with the "bent" stud, combined with that e30 m3 aluminum cross member.
                  I just returned those red poly bushings and ordered the E30 M3 tranny busings. And yes they are the "bent" stud ones.

I hope this helps with the trannys natural drop when not strapped to its' mount. If these tranny mounts don't help or work, then I think I might know what the problem is and that is clearance of the firewall for the M30b34 rear coolant tube... yes it's this annoying tube that I think people warned me about. I might have to take the engine out again and pound it more. I did pound the firewall where this piece meets the firewall but I don't think I pound it enough.:(

Comment

Is your shifter hitting the trans tunnel or have you not tried to install it?

Why use the e30m3 trans mount brace instead of the regular e30 mount brace? I see it's aluminum and is probably stronger but is it really necessary?

I used a 260/6 for my m30b34 swap and I had no problems getting my 75d engine and trans bushings(for an e30) to line up and work with the e30 trans brace.

Does the 265/6 have different mount bolt locations than a 260/6? Does the e30m3 trans brace have defferent heights than the regular e30 trans brace's trans mounts bolt do?(im confused by that sentence also)

Im guessing you have tried the regular e30 trans brace.

I don't see engine mounts on the tc motorsports website. I see bushings but no arms.
                    89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

Comment

Is your shifter hitting the trans tunnel or have you not tried to install it?I've not tried to install my shifter. By the looks of it, I might be clear for the shifter. Why use the e30m3 trans mount brace instead of the regular e30 mount brace? I see it's aluminum and is probably stronger but is it really necessary?
                        I use the E30 M3 trany member because the stock e30 tran brace will not fit. I am using the G265 tranny.

I used a 260/6 for my m30b34 swap and I had no problems getting my 75d engine and trans bushings(for an e30) to line up and work with the e30 trans brace.

Does the 265/6 have different mount bolt locations than a 260/6? Does the e30m3 trans brace have defferent heights than the regular e30 trans brace's trans mounts bolt do?(im confused by that sentence also)

Yes it has different mounting holes.

Im guessing you have tried the regular e30 trans brace.
                        LOL..... Yes I've tried the regular e30 brace.

I don't see engine mounts on the tc motorsports website. I see bushings but no arms.

You have to call them to get information and order the parts.

Comment

Thanks for referring me to that site. I've used that site since day 1 of my swap. I could have missed some things but very helpful resource.

I do have the e30m3 trans member.

Comment

I used the E30 M3 tranny bushes with the M3 crossmember

Comment

Originally posted by walinsky View Post
                              I used the E30 M3 tranny bushes with the M3 crossmember

Thanks. I think I figure what the issue is. I will be taking out my engine again this Weds and pound the firewall some more. I think I didn't pound on the firewall enough causing the engine to lever the tranny up and not allowing it to drop like it should. I am using e30 m3 cross member and just got my e30 m3 tranny poly mounts.

Comment

Working...
                              X