Anybody like trains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody like trains?

The hotwheels thread is so popular, I figured some of you guys also are into scale model trains!

After years of patiently waiting, my father finally said "I'm never going to do anything with these, will you?" on our recent visit back home. My father had a pretty sweet HO train collection, and there were a few that always perked my interests.

He found a complete SP "daylight" at an estate sale when I was little. In 1991 SP4449 came to Sacramento for Railfair, and he took me to see it in person. Nothing beats a steam engine!

I was also able to grab this old Sante Fe rail car set. I'm not sure what engine should go with it, but I'll figure that out later. I'm guessing these cars were used in the 1920's and 1930's in real life?

For as long as I can remember, my father had a SP 4294 cab forward locomotive and tender box on the top of a bookshelf in his office. We couldn't find it in his boxes, but I'll get it some day!
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

I love trains, the Daylight/4449 is one of my favorites. I don't have any models, but I do have a couple pieces of artwork related to the 4449

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Nice! You know it's stored in portland?

Comment

My Dad has hundreds of these in the attic.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Nice! I have a decent O-gauge collection back home, I'll try to get some pictures. Grandpa/dad's collection is silly big.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Psh posers!
            :)

Over 2 million railroad and train related photographs from all over the US. We also have an interactive railroad Map!

For the longest time my avatar was the SP

TO OP ERic You should look into another Nothern 4-8-4, But ATSF 3900 CLASS for those heavyweigh Santa fes you got.
            Those look like old school Rivarossi. Yes they were used in the time you guessed. They were before the stream liners.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx; 01-11-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Sweet stuff man! Is your layout just a switchyard? I love the aging look on your rail cars.

Those shelves that hold a few cars, is that a home made shelf, or something that can be bought?

Comment

I'm going to hate this thread lol. I've been wanting to do a layout or a display for some time now...

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Sweet stuff man! Is your layout just a switchyard? I love the aging look on your rail cars.

Those shelves that hold a few cars, is that a home made shelf, or something that can be bought?
                  1. I am not man lol,i am Ashley a Girl lol
                  2. The way its set up in the pics is just a diorama,but theres more to it.
                  3. The ageing is called weathering,i am OCD about my rolling stock i want it to look real. :)
                  4. You can make your own shelfs or buy them like i did. :)

What else? In the Railroad world i am Known as the Railroad Princess. Ive been doing this for 20 years now. :)

Comment

I have quite a few LGB pieces in a closet. I'll have to get it out and snap some pics.
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
                      I lol'd. Didn't he notice Ashley and princess when he looked at the pics.

Sorry guy (and gals) back to you choo choo's.
                      harry/harout

Comment

Paging Mr. Crivellone.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          Nice! You know it's stored in portland?
                          Yes :) I have seen it a few times. They like to roll it out every now and then and show it off

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                          Bluebird Bus Conversion
                          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
                            2. The way its set up in the pics is just a diorama,but theres more to it.
                            3. The ageing is called weathering,i am OCD about my rolling stock i want it to look real. :)
                            4. You can make your own shelfs or buy them like i did. :)

What else? In the Railroad world i am Known as the Railroad Princess. Ive been doing this for 20 years now. :)
                            The minute I saw the thread title I knew you would own.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I love that first set, the mail car, and especially the cab forward.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by JinormusJ
                              Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                              1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                              1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                              1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                              1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X