No announcement yet.

figuring out brake setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can use parts from a 2002, thats what the E30 M3 guys use when they have to relocate thier remote resivior due to the carbon fiber airbox

EXPANSION TANK 34321112399
    CONNECTOR 34321102282 (these are the 90 degree elbows talked about above, you'll need 2)

-Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
    86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

The problem you will encounter is getting the 90 elbows to fit the MC. They are much smaller in diameter than the opening on the IX MC. This works fine for the 320 booster but not the IX booster. I have traveled that road prior. With that setup you would be able to use BMW clutch hose that can withstand brake fluid.

You would have to find out a way to make a plug of some sort that will fill in the gap from the 90 elbow to the large hole
      in the IX MC

Comment

why not use e34 540i parts? Those "hard lines" are plastic, and somewhat flexible. I imagine brand new they are alot more flexible.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Would the 540 MC fit the IX booster? ie: bolt pattern?

Comment

I have no idea.. the elbows and lines would fit in a iX booster I suspect.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

What i am going to do is get the setup and figure it out from there, i will get it to work some way or another. I just need to know if the bolts on the end of the "hard lines" will fit into a 25 mm MC, or if that 540 MC will fit into an ix booster. thanks for the info guys
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

When I did my last swap I used an iX brake booster, e34 m5 25mm mc, I used the remote mount res, lines and elbows off of a e34 540. I cut the lines so there was about 1 inch left on the ends and replaced the sections with a more flexable line so I could place the res where i wanted it. The elbows fit the m5 mc perfectly.

After doing both the iX booster and e34 m5 mc and the 320 booster and e30 m3 mc, I think that the difference in minimal. Although the ix m5 setup has a slight better pedal feel. But I love how easy and nice looking the 320 m3 setup is. If I were to do it a third time, I'd try out the 320 booster and 750 mc. Who knows, maybe I'll switch out the e30 m3 mc for the bigger e32 750 mc in the near future.
                91 m3

Comment

Well thanks for your imput, i do have a 320 booster already in my hands that is already modded to fit so maby i will keep that option open. Maby i will be your guinea pig and try out the 750 mc, life would be easier if i just used the booster i have. thanks again for your imput guys.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what the hell does the level sender auctually do? I have no lights that would tell me I am low on fluid, and I have never gotten around to auctually hooking the sender up. Seems like a useless expensive part
                    Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

You are talking about the one for the resevoir?
                      Sends a signal to a dummy light letting you know that you are low on brake fluid. A good thing to have, I had a major leak from my clutch slave and had no idea. The light goes on and later that day the cylinder shits out completely. NO fluid in the resevoir, no clutch pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
                        You are talking about the one for the resevoir?
                        Sends a signal to a dummy light letting you know that you are low on brake fluid. A good thing to have, I had a major leak from my clutch slave and had no idea. The light goes on and later that day the cylinder shits out completely. NO fluid in the resevoir, no clutch pressure.

Hmm something must be wrong, because I get no lights without it connected.
                        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Working...
                        X