Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who know's "jeffreybacons"? (Must read, NJ e30 SCAMMER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, paypal - refused to help me. My bank, refused to help me.

However, r3vlimited certainly did help me - guys thanks so much for posting up the information, without that I would still be well out of pocket.

So following the conversation with Kevin's sister she we had the following exchange on Facebook:

Lauren Coelho
    Can you please explain to me what money he owes you?
    Need to know ASAP please
    Tom Barry
    15:06
    Tom Barry
    Hi Lauren please see the photos
    Lauren Coelho
    Lauren Coelho
    What photos
    Tom Barry
    Tom Barry
    Tom Barry
    Tom Barry
    Lauren Coelho
    15:07
    Lauren Coelho
    Can you explain to me what this money was for?
    Tom Barry
    15:08
    Tom Barry
    Your brother said he had some s52 cams for sale following a wanted as I put up
    Tom Barry
    15:09
    Tom Barry
    Tom Barry
    15:20
    Tom Barry
    Please have the money returned by Friday to me at tom.barry@hotmail.co.uk (paypal as a gift) or I will be taking action with the Aberdeen police department.
    Lauren Coelho
    15:26
    Lauren Coelho
    Unfortunately this is not between me and you for kevin and you
    It's between PayPal and you
    It's up to them to pay you
    And if you talk to Aberdeen police I don't think they can help you
    Tom Barry
    15:29
    Tom Barry
    Unfortunately it is between you and I and your brother. Your name is clearly on the PayPal receipt. I suggest you have either your father Jose or mother Maria contact me. If not I'll call the police out to 44 STEMLER DR
    CLIFFWOOD, NJ 07721
    Lauren Coelho
    15:36
    Lauren Coelho
    Sir I can report you for invasion of privacy
    You are stalking my family
    Tom Barry
    15:39
    Tom Barry
    No, I'm finding out the address of the person who has scammed me out of 244 dollars. Get your parents to contact me instead of just relaying the information to your brother. You are assisting a criminal.
    Lauren Coelho
    15:41
    Lauren Coelho
    I'm not assisting anyone
    You need to take this up with PayPal now leave my family and I alone
    Tom Barry
    15:47
    Tom Barry
    Thanks for your help, I will now forward this conversation onto the police.

The photos are not shown, however they are of the paypal transaction and also of the correspondence between Kevin and I on here.

Now remember I also made contact with his Aunt, I chased her up to see if she had been able to make contact with either Jose or Maria Coelho, she said she had but asked if everything was ok. At which point I explained I had been scammed out of money by Kevin Coelho - the money was returned very soon afterwards.

I suggest anyone else who has money scammed from them by the guy to get in touch his family as I did, although it was very clear his sister was trying to help him and evade responsibility. The chap I had looking into this from the Aberdeen PD is Detective Valentino for reference.

Again, thank you so much to the guys who posted up this low life's details. At the end of the day you need to feel sorry for the likes of him, who can't earn an honest living and also to his parents who have raised nothing more than a petty thief.

Oh, and has anyone got any US S52 cams for sale ; )

Comment

I have received messages from his mother apologising profusely, however his sister has messaged me saying she is reporting me to the police for harassment and invasion of privacy!

Comment

I love how the accused in these situations always immediately turn into BAR certified lawyers when called out.

"Sir I can report you for invasion of privacy."

Words.
        Derek-

Comment

I'm currently in dialogue with Kevin's mother...hopefully be able to update soon...

Comment

:popcorn:

Glad to see SOME resolution to this...
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Wow glad everything worked out!

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

She can't do shit to you. I fucking hate people who operate like this. I hope you get your money back. And I was only kidding about the ads and stuff but seriously I hope the best for you.

--Mike
                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Subsequent to the conversation I have had with Kevin's mother, I received an apology from Kevin's sister who also confirmed she would not be going to the police.

Lets just say Kevin is likely to be in hot water when he gets home.

Mike I have already got my money back - can anyone else on this thread who has been scammed by Kevin please get in touch with me immediately and also with the amount you have been ripped off. I will be able to get you money back hopefully.

There will be another update on this later.

Comment

lol... "i'm gonna call the cops on you for confronting me about acting as a fence for my brothers' scam activity"

i'm still baffled about how paypal didn't want to help you out. what excuse did they give?

i'm not sure how banks are in the UK, but in 'murica they and the laws are heavily biased towards helping the consumer (which is great for when consumers have a legitimate claim, not so much when whiney children or scammers try screwing sellers over)

Comment

Rslut Your the fucking man.... Like how it took someone from across the flippin world to do something.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Same shit happened over on Audizine. Guy scammed a bunch of people out of much more than this. Took some dude from Romania who got an empty box of 1200cc injectors (not sure on size, but big) to kick everything off. If I remember correctly he mentioned that by screwing someone overseas, it turned into an international affair.

He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                          lol... "i'm gonna call the cops on you for confronting me about acting as a fence for my brothers' scam activity"

i'm still baffled about how paypal didn't want to help you out. what excuse did they give?

i'm not sure how banks are in the UK, but in 'murica they and the laws are heavily biased towards helping the consumer (which is great for when consumers have a legitimate claim, not so much when whiney children or scammers try screwing sellers over)
                          I know - it did make me smile too.

Stupidly, I paid by way of a gift, so paypal were unable to do anything. My bank were also unable to do anything as it was a payment made via paypal.

The arrogance of this guy is what got me the most and not forgetting he tried to pull my pants down. No doubt the response would have been different in Romania and over here too, but I think so many people forget how big America is! But hopefully this shows that thanks to everyone who posted the info on here this guy finally got caught up with.

As mentioned, I should hopefully have a further update on this later.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.
                            i bet in romania, after getting his kneecaps busted, if the scammer called the cops he'd probably get billy clubbed too after they found out why he got his ass beat

here, unfortunately, the "assailants" would probably get community service at minimum as well as opening themselves to crazy lawsuits

the old countries tend to handle certain situations better than we do, this is a good case example

Comment

Nice work!
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

That dude lives 10 min from me. No mutual friends on fb

The Build:
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Working...
                                X