No announcement yet.

The street shark e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I've been in that situation (buying sets of wheels just because they're cheap). I just think they belong on something more "VIP", like a 7-series or a Lexus GS.

Comment

bought a strut bar the other day for $65 shipped. has vogtland sticker on it but will be removed.
      friday as i got off the interstate the car had a rough idle. i filled it up with 93 the night before. so i ordered the tune up kit from ecs because i have no idea when the last time the wires or cap/rotor were replaced. got the turner wire upgrade, 8mm size. i have a msd coil ill throw on also sitting in my shop thats new. drive belts are cracking so those will get replaced with continentals from ecs. but saturday the car started to idle fine again, freaking car is bipolar. still need to replacde the vacuum lines as they are cracked with blue silicone hoses to match my radiator hoses.
      88 d21 draggin pavement
      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Got my tune up kit in.

Here's my strut bar. Need to remove sticker.

And got my rear bumper on. Need to order the center trim. Had to remember to change out the middle support for my old one. As this one was so rusty. Bolts/nuts were stripping. And no more duct tape and hello kitty band aids holding together!

And here's my old bumper that someone tried to fix with tons and tons of bondo and spray paint.

88 d21 draggin pavement
        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

So I did the tune up with replacing the vacuum lines at the booster and going to throttle body. Now the idle is higher then before at 1300 and when in gear it idled at a solid 900. It doesn't fluctuate like it used to when I put it in gear. If I take the oil dipstick or oil cap off. The idle will drop to around 500, which opens up the vacuum system. So I'm curious if someone has messed with idle speed on the throttle body..
          But here is what my cap/rotor looked like. And I'll have to say, it runs like a raped ape now. I feel the blaster 2 coil and bigger plug wires made a huge difference.

88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Since I can't post this on Facebook, as I have co workers on there.ill post it in here. Today I have a interview at BMW. Hopefully I get it, it will be different platform from the simple nissans.
            88 d21 draggin pavement
            89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks squid! I have another interview tomorrow with them, but the master techs get to interview me. So hopefully it goes well, I guess since I got passed the first. They somewhat like me.
                They also loved the car except for the auto trans. But it's a driver so idc at this point.
                88 d21 draggin pavement
                89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
                  I also mentioned in previous post about bumpstops. Yeah well that didn't work. I cut one down to size and Dremeled the fuck outta it. Go it on finally and tried to pout the shock sleeve on and it would go over the bump. If I had dremeled the outside to fit the sleeve, then it would of been useless and broke. It was sturdy like it was but I didn't wanna fuck with it anymore so in the trash it went. So here's a couple pictures of what I tired to make work.

Not sure why anyone hasn't mentioned this yet, but Bilstein shocks have internal bumpstops at the bottom of the insert - there is no need to add external ones up top which is why they don't come with them (like KONI, since those DON'T have internal stops)

Pic of E30 Bilstein for reference - ignore the 'cut here' text.
                  Top is unopened, bottom is opened revealing the internal bump stop.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Hmm didn't know that. I didn't run them as they didn't clear the cover. But nice to now know! Thanks man!
                    88 d21 draggin pavement
                    89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Another okay update.
                      Bought some broadway coilovers with 10k swift springs and fag bearings/hubs. Purchased 205/50/15 tires that had great reviews. The work wheels would not clear the front caliper brackets, so had to then order 20mm spacers. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Ran like this for a week.

My spacers. Love this design! Will have to add some locative to the bolts going into hub. Blue of course!

And all put together with extra pics of tires.

88 d21 draggin pavement
                      89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Love this look. I'm so happy with my wheel choice. Now to make a purchase from work wheels and buy a driveshaft. And the driveline for a little while will be done till I do rear subframe and arm bushings.

This is also my 2nd week at BMW. And I'm glad I made the switch. Really enjoying the environment.
                        88 d21 draggin pavement
                        89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Congrats on making it to BMW.

The car is coming along nicely.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

you continue to make this car better and better! good job man! keep up the motivation.

Comment

Thanks guys! I need to fix the wheel center issue. Since they don't have center rings, I have a small vibration.

And making it to BMW wasn't easy but since I have 4 years as a tech already. Being trained is fairly easy.
                              88 d21 draggin pavement
                              89 dirty30 kissin earth

Comment

Congrats on the job change. Is BMW a good place to be in the tech world? Thry treat their crew better than most?

Nice car. The wheels though... I think many wheels we see often because they simply fit the car.
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
                                X