Clutch help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch help!

Was wondering if anyone has any tips / tricks on doing the clutch in a 325ix. Mine went not too long ago and the replacement just arrived today. I was wondering if I need to remove the front driveshaft or drop the whole front subframe of the car. Any help would be awesome!

Also I should note I am currently doing a lot of work on the car (headgasket, radiator, steering rack you name it) so it is already in shambles and would it be best to do the clutch first and then everything else or save it for last?

Thanks again!

Search, this info is available on this site.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Since you are doing the headgasket, radiator, and the steering rack, you should just drop the whole front subframe. At that point, you will already have the exhaust manifolds, radiator, intake manifold, power steering, etc. disconnected. I would suspend the engine/trans with an engine hoist, disconnect the front subframe and lower the whole assembly ~10 inches so that you can easily reach all of the bellhousing bolts. Use a transmission jack to support the transmission/TC and separate them from the engine. Install your new clutch, maybe a new rear main seal, lightened flywheel, etc. With the engine suspended you can then disconnect and lower the subframe to replace your steering rack as well.

Comment

Working...
      X