No announcement yet.

oem e30 keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea the key in the ad is from later models.
    sigpic

Comment

I've got an '85 323 and my key head is identical to the OP.

I really want one of those keys with the little ///M logo or light... I'll find a pic,
      I really need to get a spare...

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

My key looks like the e36 older keys. I like the one with the light, but doesnt work so I wouldnt really know.
        Attached Files

Comment

^ thats what mine looks like

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
            I have what looks like that key above- It was ordered from germany by the dealer according to my vin. I didn't want the heavy lighted one.

here's a shit pic, looks the same to me

edit: nevermind, just took a look at the ebay one again. different shape.
            By Germany do you mean New Jersey? Because thats where they cut them. :) haha I thought they came from Germany too until mine were ready in two days and I asked the parts manager.
            1987 325is - sold
            2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Whats the point of having a dealer key? My $1.19(including the blank) per key spares from Ace Hardware work great.

Comment

because you have a copy of a 16 year old worn out key. Mine were worn pretty smooth. Its nice to have a new key with actual sharp edges.
                1987 325is - sold
                2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Originally posted by Apex381 View Post
                  By Germany do you mean New Jersey? Because thats where they cut them. :) haha I thought they came from Germany too until mine were ready in two days and I asked the parts manager.
                  haha, you might be right - the parts guy here thought it was Germany, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know.
                  Jay

Comment

i went to the dealer because i had a key for my locks and a key for my ignition. i ordered a standard key first to make sure the one for the locks is right. then i ordered a lock cylinder (came from germany) and then a lighted key (from new jersey). thats why i went to the dealer
                    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

I pulled the trunk lock out of my car and took it in to the Key place, because when i bought it there was no key(made the car alot cheaper). I know how wafers work and i didnt think i could get the key to work in the igntion but it worked great.
                      Used a regular ILCO key blank for now
                      sigpic

Comment

eh even if you get a new key to have cut, find a place thats never cut bmw keys. theyre made of steel, and mess up most locksmiths machine (hahah) so they wont cut em anymore. i took my key to one and he had never done one before, friend went up there the next day and he said my key killed his blades or whatever.

oh and the lighted key doesnt weigh shit. just do the LED mod right and its a badass key to have. otherwise itll fall apart

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                          I've got an '85 323 and my key head is identical to the OP.

I really want one of those keys with the little ///M logo or light... I'll find a pic,
                          I really need to get a spare...
                          You're wrong. The key may look similar, but it's not the same.

I bought my key with a light in it for like 15 dollars on ebay and had a lock smith cut it for like a dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                            Does your door/ignition key look like this one here ? I purchased one and could not get anybody to cut it, there is local place here that a BMW dealer uses for they key cutting who told me it's not an E30 key so I had them cut a pair using their own blanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-O...4675QQtcZphoto
                            not an e30 key. Those are for E34 etc.. I have a one like this for my M5.
                            *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

keys - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...61&hg=41&fg=40

12 GENERAL KEY (CODE) CODE* 10001 ? 51211900875 $12.83
                              12 GENERAL KEY ILLUMINATED (CODE) CODE* 10001 ? 51211900876 $28.18
                              12 GENERAL KEY (BLANK) CODE* 10001 ? 51211900892 $6.92
                              12 GENERAL KEY ILLUMINATED (BLANK) CODE* 10001 ? 51211900894 $22.21
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Most US blanks are brass, real OE e30 keys are steel. Much harder to cut... lots of places won't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X