No announcement yet.

Buy american - save the planet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, i wonder why noone from NC has posted yet?;)

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
    Would you agree if not for anything else, buying from a country with an EPA style program, you are doing your part to not keep in business companies which are polluting the planet?
    vague. But if I had to answer it Id say no. I dont want to say no, but Id have to because;

Of course the problem is that hardly anyone knows how to or actually makes anything locally anymore.
    Would the grand scheme result in creating jobs or taking them away, who knows.

But of course theres hundreds of thousands of illegals running around- maybe put them all together in a circle sitting indian style peeling corn.

now my brains spinning i have to get off the damn internet.
    -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
    2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      Just remember a large percentage of 'American' cars are made in Canada and Mexico. Many Chevy & Ford trucks and cars are made over (one of the) borders.

Nissan, Toyota, Hyundai, Subaru and BMW all manufacture a good amount of there cars here in the USA though.

Interesting....

Yup, very good point. Although there is a mix of this going on with different companies, it's basically correct.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
        Would you agree if not for anything else, buying from a country with an EPA style program, you are doing your part to not keep in business companies which are polluting the planet?
        If you don't, the terrorists win.
        -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

The problem with trying to buy responsibly is how difficult it is to find out where most stuff comes from or how clean the factory operates. Just picking out paper towels will cost you a few hours on the net just to figure out if they came from sustainable farmed trees or recycled material or whatever. Half the shit out there you don't even know it's made in china until you get it out of the box. Too late.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
          If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Working...
          X