CEP MTech 1 Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEP MTech 1 Kit

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with these Classic Euro Parts Mtech1 pieces. I'm considering getting the full kit.

I've searched around for opinions but haven't found many recent first hand opinions by people who've actually bought the product.

I have an early body coupe with euro bumpers.

I have it but i've been too busy to drop it off for paint. I'm planning on getting it painted this weekend though. CEP's plasti flex is not the normal brittle FG most of us are familiar with. I'd say they are as durable if not more durable than OEM. As far as I can tell and judging from OEM kits, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference once installed. I plan on installing it myself so keep an eye on my 85 323i thread in the project section.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'd like to see yours after you have it installed. I've been thinking of getting the front forever but haven't really touched my convertible in a few years.
      Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I'm glad I stumbled across this randomly. I saw that same kit listed in some of my interwebz browsing for ideas. As long as the quality is good then I'm definitely going that route eventually!

Comment

I should have it back by this Sat.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

I'm very interested in seeing the fit/finish of the rear wing.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
            '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
            '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
            '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

could you post any pictures of the finished product? Also what did you door the hardware needed to mount the valences to the bumpers? also how did you find the fit of the side skirts?

If really interested in seeing how this turned out

Comment

The paint shop is lagging. You know what they say. GOOD, CHEAP, FAST...pick 2. I ordered all the factory stuff to mount the kit. The hardware arrived a few days ago. Just waiting on the shop now.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your opinion on the pieces. I was interested in this setup before I came across this thread.

Comment

I am in to know what's the outcome. Thanks!
                    Current:
                    '88 325ic Silver 5sp
                    '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
                    '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
                    '06 325i Black 5sp
                    '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
                    '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
                    '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Working...
                    X