Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im lazy and want to lose weight, but how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evandael View Post
    hate to say it but being continually active is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.

diet is important too, obviously.

if you abhor running/going to the gym, find something enjoyable to do that also counts as exercise: hiking, biking, walking a dog, climbing trees, sex, etc.
    Sex is out if he's a fattty fat fatso.

Easiest way to lose weight is to do coke for a couple months.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
      Sex is out if he's a fattty fat fatso.

Easiest way to lose weight is to do coke for a couple months.
      Or meth once.

Comment

Anyone who says running for 30 minutes a day isn't worth it is full of shit, a moderate pace for 30 min will still burn around 300 calories which still isn't a lot, but it's better than not running at all. I used to run about 30-40min a day 3-5 days a week and I noticed a pretty large change in a fairly short period of time. It has hard at first but after a short period its gets much easier.

Weight loss is simple, burn more than you take it. How large this deficit is will determine how quickly you lose.
        91 318is M50 swapped
        05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
          Anyone who says running for 30 minutes a day isn't worth it is full of shit, a moderate pace for 30 min will still burn around 300 calories which still isn't a lot, but it's better than not running at all. I used to run about 30-40min a day 3-5 days a week and I noticed a pretty large change in a fairly short period of time. It has hard at first but after a short period its gets much easier.

Weight loss is simple, burn more than you take it. How large this deficit is will determine how quickly you lose.
          When I started running about three months ago I couldn't run more than 500 yards. Within 3 weeks of running I could run 5 miles straight at about 6.5-7 MPH. Granted I have long legs so running fast isn't that hard for me. But at 270 LBS. I'm a big guy. It's amazing the improvement you see within just a few days. It's all about sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            When I started running about three months ago I couldn't run more than 500 yards. Within 3 weeks of running I could run 5 miles straight at about 6.5-7 MPH. Granted I have long legs so running fast isn't that hard for me. But at 270 LBS. I'm a big guy. It's amazing the improvement you see within just a few days. It's all about sticking to it.
            The first time I ran I barely made it to the end of the block before being out of breathe. The next time I ran a bit further, and by the 2nd week I had ran a decent paced 5K. It progresses quickly and is awesome form of exercise and also stress relief. I haven't ran much in the last month or so because of moving across the country and getting settled in but I'm starting back at this week.
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

It progresses quickly and is awesome form of exercise and also stress relief.
              This. I don't know how I survived. If I don't go run on days I work the next day is always terrible. Once you start you just can't stop.

Comment

I'm at 3000 calories and can eat what ever I want, I just exercise as much as I can and randomly to trick my body. Also if you go with weights go light for the first 3 months, you'll get more toned that way and just up the sets and reps. Plus I smoke a pack a day, yes it may not be a healthy alterative but smoking keeps you skinny. All those ppl who say smokers cant run is bs, its all about your breathing control, my last PT test before I got out (2months ago) I had a 12:48 2mile. How are them apples?

Comment

Them apples are pretty mediocre to be honest.

OP needs a good pre workout and some syringes.

Comment

I liked apples until I bit into a rotten one, so yea no more apples

as stated, its more diet then work out, but working out feels great once you get a good routine, just gotta get past the pain stage

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                      Them apples are pretty mediocre to be honest.

OP needs a good pre workout and some syringes.
                      Some time in 2011 got some IV packs and syringes from one of our medics, well we mixed the IV fluid with raw testosterone(very thick). Now that is a kick in the arse! One side affect is you'll be randomly screaming and yelling at ppl

Comment

Im lazy and want to lose weight, but how?

How's the weight loss going?

I've lost 20lbs since I last posted on 7/3. No flour, no sugar, no processed foods. Beer is alright sometimes, because why the hell not, and salad dressing is kinda hard to eat around, but other than that, it's pretty easy, and I've been not very strict with it. Sunday I was binge drinking on the golf course, today I had a chocolate frosty waffle cone. YAYA!
                        Last edited by Navarone; 08-01-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I eat a daily max of 90g of good carbohydrates spread through the day - diet mostly consists of good fats and protein to hit calories. Been doing this for nearly 6 months and I've put on 38lbs of GOOD weight with weight training and hiking every weekend even with my carb deficit.

Point being, a huge part of how your body changes is the calories in vs out supplemented with whatever exercise. I'm eating just like the guy above me (no alcohol though/count my carbs), and I gained good weight.
                          Last edited by ak-; 07-31-2014, 11:57 PM.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Why do people drink protein shakes when they're trying to lose weight? First of all, they are not a replacement for a proper meal. Second, protein shakes are for adding weight in the form of muscle at the gym. If you're not going to the gym, it's just gonna turn to fat. Get rid of the protein shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
                              Why do people drink protein shakes when they're trying to lose weight? First of all, they are not a replacement for a proper meal. Second, protein shakes are for adding weight in the form of muscle at the gym. If you're not going to the gym, it's just gonna turn to fat. Get rid of the protein shakes.
                              Protein shakes aren't going to prevent you from losing weight. It's the quick way to get your protein if you can't get it from regular food and are always low in carbs and total fats.. rarely over 200cal per serving. Hardly something that will store into fat. Meal replacement shakes, or mass gainer shakes are a different story though and I can agree they are kind of silly. It's just a shake with a crap ton of carbs and yes that will get you fat if you live a sedentary life.

Now, there comes a point where you are not trying to hit a goal weight anymore, but a body fat percentage rather. If you are constantly trying to lose weight without adding any muscle, you are going to end up looking skinny-fat - stick looking with hanging fat in places you don't want.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                                I eat a daily max of 90g of good carbohydrates spread through the day - diet mostly consists of good fats and protein to hit calories. Been doing this for nearly 6 months and I've put on 38lbs of GOOD weight with weight training and hiking every weekend even with my carb deficit.

Point being, a huge part of how your body changes is the calories in vs out supplemented with whatever exercise. I'm eating just like the guy above me (no alcohol though/count my carbs), and I gained good weight.
                                The main part of my diet is cutting out what we call predigested foods. Foods that once in your stomach will spike blood sugar or go straight to fat storage. I end up eating a lot of fresh vegetables and one fruit per meal, salad with lean protein, some whole grain rice when I can and drink lots of water or iced tea, no fruit juice or soda. Lots of fiber, lots of fresh food, lots of juicy meat, it's teh mazing. I've got muscle hidden beneath my fat, I've done weight training, have a pretty active job, and all that's left is shedding the extra tubbs. I'm 6' 195lb as of today.

We call granola / energy bars candy bars, because they are, dried fruit and fruit juice are basically sugar, ALL flour is already digested, soy is not the answer for pretty much anything, try to avoid excess salt if we can, ketchup is basically sugar sauce, all that crap that says dehydrated cane juice, real cane sugar, agave nectar, etc is just fucking sugar with half decent marketing. We still eat like kings.
                                Last edited by Navarone; 08-01-2014, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X