No announcement yet.

s52 swap booster. Experts only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the E32 booster, an OBD1 M50 manifold, E28 mounts and a 25mm MC. Firewall was slotted; no shaving of fins was required.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ok, does it matter what year the 944 is or the engine designation? Thanks.
      Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
      Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

Ok, I just ordered one brand new from world pac. so we will see. :)

Comment

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
          Ok, does it matter what year the 944 is or the engine designation? Thanks.

Pretty sure they are all the same, but I'd check part numbers for a few different years to make sure.
          I just installed a 944 booster over the weekend and it fits after shaving the first four fins on the intake mani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mcdougal View Post
            Pretty sure they are all the same, but I'd check part numbers for a few different years to make sure.
            I just installed a 944 booster over the weekend and it fits after shaving the first four fins on the intake mani.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            So what engine mounts are you using? I am assuming the e28 m5 that have a triangular shape? I tried to get those through world pac, but they say they are nla, so I went with the cylindrical ones that other people have used.

Comment

Those mounts are really cheap from the dealer. The cylindrical ones won't work IIRC
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

I used cylinder mounts from e34 525i. They work great. I have a 944 booster which was also really easy to install.

Comment

I have a 944 turbo booster and a 7 series master cylinder.

I totally dig it.
                  '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I used the 7-series booster, 25 mm master, and stock 7-series res. Shaved the fins, elongated two firewall holes, shortened and tapped the pushrod. Easy peasy.

Comment

WOW! The 944 booster fits so beautifully with no spacers on the mounts or anything! Pics to come!

Comment

WOW! The 944 booster fits so beautifully with no spacers on the mounts or anything! Pics to come!
                        Its the best option in my opinion!
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          Its the best option in my opinion!
                          Yup - late to the party. I tried using the stock booster with firewall drilled over 1/2" it was a no go at all with M50 manifold fins trimmed.

Got a 944 booster stuck it into the offset holes I already drilled - fits perfect. There's 1/4" clearance between manifold and booster. Wish I did that from the start
                          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                          X