No announcement yet.

Here it comes, the VAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, you mean the 10% of people in the US that pay 78% of all income tax should have to pay more?

Yeah, fuck the rich. They don't have any "skin in the game" as it is.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Funny I was JUST about to post something about this....

My mom sent me this link. I will say up front that she is pretty far right. Is this site right wing biased? Probably. I am more interested in finding the actual quotes from those mentioned about the potential for VAT in the US...

So is it possible? We already have red light cameras. It seems some are finding ways to get speed cameras in. Rolling speed vans. "Universal Healthcare". Now VAT? Seems pretty possible...

I hope not. I thought we broke away from Europe to be different.

Comment

It's already been said but it's easier to tax than be responsible and make cuts. Most Americans have made cuts and now it's our Governments turn.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

We need to go to a 1 page tax code period. No loop holes, 3 deductions and EVERYONE PAYS period

Here's the way I see it

10% FLAT for everyone that has income end of story, no matter if its 100mil in a year or 13k in welfare Govt Checks you pay 10 fucking percent of you income period individual or corporate dose not matter. That is to be split between the feds and the state in a appropriate manner. If you live in a city or municipality that has its own tax rate than so be it you have to pay that on top of things just like you do now.

3 deductions, 1) 2k for head of household 2) 500 for each dependent 3) charitable donations.

thats it everyone pays, no bitching about how fair it is, nothing everyone pays the same 10 cents on the dollar. No loop holes to get outta it, it will turn your tax return into 1/2 page form rather than 10's of complicated confusing forms.

It will do away with the punitive business hampering tax system we have, allow entrepreneurs to start and grow business with out the govt killing them before they get off the ground. It will bring much of the lost industry rushing back to our shores and provide more jobs than we have people to fill in the process. It will lower most of us, marginal tax rates form close to 50% to about 20% or even less, this will leave more money in you pocket to save, buy stuff, invest and spend in general, all things that are good for the economy. When the economy is good, that means we all will be doing good and earning MORE money to be taxed at 10%. This coupled with the millions of people put back to work in the 1st couple of years, is even more income to be taxed at 10%. It will also give more insensitive to those sitting on their ass on welfare to get a job to have more money now that they have to pay taxes on that

Lastly and the most important it will eliminate 90% of the main domestic weapon against the masses and political rivals of the Fed govt THE IRS.
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-09-2010, 11:29 AM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
          X