No announcement yet.

Mission 310: South Bay LA e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop an m50 swap for $2k, you'll be way happier.

Btw, the DS2s also came in super rare 4x100.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

So I'm thinking either doing an m20 swap, or finding new pistons for my m42.
      Anybody know where to find pistons, or know of anybody selling any?

Or, in regards to the m20, if I get the engine, motor mounts, and the tranny, will it fit into my 318? My understanding is that all of the models are the exact same body wise, so the engines should all fit, but I don't want to just assume.
      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        Drop an m50 swap for $2k, you'll be happy.
        This.
        M20 is a good motor just m50 you have a bigger market on parts.

Comment

If you're thinking about engine swaps, why not m30b35 it ;D

Comment

I could be wrong and have never done a m42 > m20 swap but, I have heard that, the only difference is the front subframe and everything else is a straight swap.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

wheareabouts are you in the southbay? I'm around the area if you help wrenching, there's a few of us out this way
              Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
              Originally posted by J3M93
              This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by DatUtahGuy View Post
                wheareabouts are you in the southbay? I'm around the area if you help wrenching, there's a few of us out this way
                Sorry I'm just seeing this bro.
                Im in Harbor City, right behind Narbonne High school.

UPDATE
                So after a few months of research, me and my uncle dug in and replaced the injectors, the o2 sensor, gaskets, accelerator cable & grommets, cleaned the ICV and the throttle body, and replaced a leaky hose. After all that, the car ran way better….but still did not get rid of the dreaded 1222 code. Frustration ensued, and i was THIS close to giving up.

Then my uncle had an idea.

He plugged the hose that connects to the Fuel Tank breather valve, and told me to start it up. CODE GONE. So after all of that work, it turned out to be a faulty breather valve. The car is now running fine, I just passed smog and everything. Now this project can finally continue!
                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                X