R3v's approval rating for Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    No I'm saying, even if Exxon had paid, let's say $10billion in Federal Taxes, Exxon itself would have just added that to the cost of it's product. It would not have let the $10billion come out of it's profit.

Taxes are factored in as part of the "costs" to deliver a product or service. So in effect, all you do by raising taxes on corporations, is raise taxes on the consumer.
    I remember how everyone was howling when Exxon made a 13 Billion dollar profit during a recent quarter, but no one mentioned how they paid out about 32 Billion in taxes that same quarter, and how they invested about 135 Billion to make that 13 Billion, which also created a shit load of jobs.

And these same people don't say jackshit when these big companies lose money.
    sigpic
    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        He's obviously the source and originator of 100% of the problems that magically appeared out of nowhere when he took office. As such, we cannot do anything but hate him.
        That's what everyone did with Bush...

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
          That's what everyone did with Bush...
          No, people hated Bush for problems he actually created, like the war in Iraq. Everybody loved him for a while, especially right after 9/11.

Comment

Average so far, will revise after a few years when his policies will have either positive or negative effects.

He's already 1000000000x better than buuuuuush imo.
            "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
            -----------------------------------------
            91 318is Turbo Sold
            87 325 Daily driver Sold
            06 4.8is X5
            06 Mtec X3
            05 4.4i X5 Sold
            92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
            90 325i Sold
            97 328is Sold
            01 323ci Sold
            92 325i Sold
            83 528e Totaled
            98 328i Sold
            93 325i Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
              How so?
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Average so far, will revise after a few years when his policies will have either positive or negative effects.

Seriously?
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5
                2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                  What has Obama done that makes him the biggest fucking loser president in history?
                  You are really funny. You always say some BS like, oh, "well if Obama cures cancer, you still hate his guys."

What makes him the best president in your eyes? That I have to pay for your healthcare? The insane about of deficit HE has added? Sure Bush was no prize pig, but come on, these deficit levels are insane.

The biggest pill I can't wait to see people swallow is how this Obamacare health bill is actually going to lower the deficit. People who believe that are smokin' some serious good shit.

Oh, and I agree with Blunt as usual. Obama will, 100% go down in history as the worst president ever. I think people will put Carter on a fucking statue in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                    The biggest pill I can't wait to see people swallow is how this Obamacare health bill is actually going to lower the deficit. People who believe that are smokin' some serious good shit.
                    That part is easy, tax the everloving shit out of us that are already paying our bills.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

you have to be kidding right.

How haven't all the other Texans tared feathered and run you outta the state yet. NO not becuase Bush is from TX either.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        How so?
                        He didn't waste 5 trillion dollars on the war in Iraq for starters. He is 10000000x more articulate than JR. And he is actually changing things (for better or worse). Time will tell whether or not he is a good POTUS.

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                        Seriously?
                        Yes.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        you have to be kidding right.

How haven't all the other Texans tared feathered and run you outta the state yet. NO not becuase Bush is from TX either.
                        Not all Texans are blind members of the GOP. We have a good amount of indy's too. BTW, I love your avatar.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

Here CBS is doing the same thing but with more questions and better poll options. The results are very intersting, says a lot about the silent majority in this country

William Pitt-

Comment

Here is a break down of the issues:
                            Stimulus - created jobs, economy is turning around slowly but surely
                            Iraq - winding down steadily
                            Afghanistan - troop surge has lead to recent success, clear timetable for pullout has been established
                            Health Care - 50 million more people will have health care. No more lifetime cap and no more denial for preexisting conditions. Taxes are not being raised and insurance is still 100% private. I think the true test of success will be how much prices are affected.
                            Bank bailout - Happened under Bush. Stock is now being sold back to private interests.
                            Auto bailout - Bad assets are being liquidated so the company WILL be healthier and stocks will be healthier. I think stock will be sold back to private interests and the government will make a profit.
                            Investment in high speed rail, new nuclear power plants and green tech - The one thing government does right is infrastructure.

I don't think he is the greatest president, not even close. But I fail to see how he is soooo terrible. Just like there were tons of blind Obama supporters during the election, there are now tons of blind haters.

Comment

War is never a good thing but sometimes needed. We were told a big fatty bogus one about going to Iraq, but everyone blames Bush when Congress and the Senate both agreed. They also agreed to his spending. Bush was a democratic spender in the big scheme of things, so, ironically the democrats hate Bush, blame him for everything while Obama rides the bullshit train to happy town.

If you think Afghanistan will go better, I laugh and pray for the troops over there. It's a shit storm and next to the crotch of the world.

As for taxing Churches, well, that's unconstitutional. Sorry. If you hate America and what it was founded on, you know where the door is.
                              Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

He didn't waste 5 trillion dollars on the war in Iraq for starters. He is 10000000x more articulate than JR. And he is actually changing things (for better or worse). Time will tell whether or not he is a good POTUS.

Articulate is as teleprompter does. And, how can change for worse be worth anything as a talking point?

Comment

Working...
                                X