My Slick Top :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Reverseable mods are ok. Suspension, wheels, lightning. That's about all I'd do to it.
    'Zactly my thoughts ;) I love it! Reminds my of my 318is.

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Is the passenger side door lock shaved? Looks great..

Matt

Comment

Yes the car was broken into and previous owner had it shaved and filled. Looks great to me too! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Johal E32 View Post
          WOW! Looks like a mint car. I personally would leave it stock, but to each his own :)
          This. Please leave it stock. It is so clean and should stay "factory". Resist the temptation to mod or swap!
          sigpic
          1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

Stock! Paint the valve cover and intake manifold in stock silver.

Beautiful car!

Comment

I was thinking of painting them the same color as the car! (Valve cover and intake)

Comment

If you're going to daily drive it, do a e36 325i radiator conversion.

Comment

If I mod it will it bring the car down in value?

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum_E30 View Post
                    If you're going to daily drive it, do a e36 325i radiator conversion.
                    Why this?

Comment

Originally posted by blizake500 View Post
                      yes.

leave it stock. its super sweet

Comment

Originally posted by blizake500 View Post
                        Yes.

I think if it were mine, I would do springs and shocks, keep the originals in storage, and just keep it well maintained.

Oh, and do something about that steering wheel. And put the pass side lock back. Shave the lock because someone broke in? Wtf...

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Yes.

I think if it were mine, I would do springs and shocks, keep the originals in storage, and just keep it well maintained.

Oh, and do something about that steering wheel. And put the pass side lock back. Shave the lock because someone broke in? Wtf...
                          Yea they ripped out the lock itself. I like it like that honestly. And you don't like the nardi steering wheel? It has grown on me. What shock and spring setup? What wheels should I put on it? What size?

Comment

The wheel itself isn't bad, but it looks out of place in an otherwise all stock and totally pristine interior. I don't really like the airbag wheel, but that's what I would put in. An MTech2 wheel would be appropriate too.

As for shocks and springs, either H&R sport or race, and Bilstein sports, or Koni yellows. I have H&R race and Bilsteins and it's a decent combo, but the ride leaves a little to be desired (but not as much as I expected). I've heard the Konis ride better, so I'll probably upgrade to those later. E46 M3 rear shock mounts would be a good idea as well. I wouldn't get coilovers since you can't really swap back to stock springs and shocks if you do that.

As for wheels? I don't know. They're easy to swap out, so put on whatever you want. But keep the stock basket weaves. 15s or 16s would both look great.

As a general rule of thumb, if you want to preserve the value and originality, if you do any mods, make sure they can easily be undone, and keep all the original parts. I'm generally not much of a purist, but this is a super clean example, and as I said earlier, I think it deserves to be kept stock, or near stock.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              The wheel itself isn't bad, but it looks out of place in an otherwise all stock and totally pristine interior. I don't really like the airbag wheel, but that's what I would put in. An MTech2 wheel would be appropriate too.

As for shocks and springs, either H&R sport or race, and Bilstein sports, or Koni yellows. I have H&R race and Bilsteins and it's a decent combo, but the ride leaves a little to be desired (but not as much as I expected). I've heard the Konis ride better, so I'll probably upgrade to those later. E46 M3 rear shock mounts would be a good idea as well. I wouldn't get coilovers since you can't really swap back to stock springs and shocks if you do that.

As for wheels? I don't know. They're easy to swap out, so put on whatever you want. But keep the stock basket weaves. 15s or 16s would both look great.

As a general rule of thumb, if you want to preserve the value and originality, if you do any mods, make sure they can easily be undone, and keep all the original parts. I'm generally not much of a purist, but this is a super clean example, and as I said earlier, I think it deserves to be kept stock, or near stock.

Ok thanks for the input. Yea when I saw this car I couldn't beleive how clean it was. I don't even want to drive it anymore it's so freaking clean! But yea I was thinking Mtech 2 wheel also. Should I even drop the car? Or should I just put bilstein hd's on it and call it a day? Or should I actually lower it? I know that's a big wheel gap but the car is so clean I don't know if I wanna mess with it.

Comment

The stock radiator is crap, the m42 will over heat during in town driving and standing traffic situations. In my opinion if the conversion is done well, it will look factory. You could also keep the old radiator and the one hose that needs to be replaced if you were ever to consider selling.

Comment

Working...
                                X