Anyone know about AC schnitzer e38's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know about AC schnitzer e38's?

My room mates dad took in a e38 in trade. I guess it has a bad timing chain, it's a 2001 740 AC Schnitzer edition (supposedly) I only have one photo of it, but could get more. 160k miles. He wants $1900 for it. I could procure the $1900 if it would be a good flip, or part out. I just don't know anything about 7's or ACS cars.

from that pic nothing on that car is different from a stock 7 series, unless a broken bumper is a improvement

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      from that pic nothing on that car is different from a stock 7 series, unless a broken bumper is a improvement
      You can see it's got a ACS bumper, skirt, and badge on the side. I just don't know anything about 7's or ACS cars haha.

Comment

I guess your right it does have the bumper and skirts. they just dont look much different from stock imo. those wheels are just regular 7 wheels I know for sure. I would think if it was acs it would have a diffrent vin and stuff wouldnt it?

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          I guess your right it does have the bumper and skirts. they just dont look much different from stock imo. those wheels are just regular 7 wheels I know for sure. I would think if it was acs it would have a diffrent vin and stuff wouldnt it?
          I think it might, I'll check and see if I can get the vin real quick. Supposedly they have a different tunes as well as suspension. I haven't been able to find much.

Comment

Bad timing chain could mean dead guides, which for the M6x motor is game over. I'd try to find out for sure before getting that cash.
            That being said, if it's a real Schnitzer car, from the factory, i'll be worth a pretty penny, in the high 4 figures at least provided the motor's fixed and the rest of it checks out. If, as is more likely, it just has a few bits tacked on (and to be honest, it doesn't have the wheel, so I think that's more likely), you're looking at probably around 5k max.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              I think it might, I'll check and see if I can get the vin real quick.
              thats just going on the hunch that it would be the same as hartge alpina acs e30's.. Rual needs to get in here he will know the answer

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Style 95s and an m62 on top of the ACS stuff? Why not grab it.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                  Bad timing chain could mean dead guides, which for the M6x motor is game over. I'd try to find out for sure before getting that cash.
                  That being said, if it's a real Schnitzer car, from the factory, i'll be worth a pretty penny, in the high 4 figures at least provided the motor's fixed and the rest of it checks out. If, as is more likely, it just has a few bits tacked on (and to be honest, it doesn't have the wheel, so I think that's more likely), you're looking at probably around 5k max.
                  Can a VIN provide more information about the car and if it's a true ACS car or if it's just bits?

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                  Style 95s and an m62 on top of the ACS stuff? Why not grab it.
                  I would need to borrow the money from my uncle, and he would only loan if there is a profit to be made. I know the wheels have new tires installed.

Comment

VIN is WBAGH83431DP29329

From some other info I've found it seems to just have some ACS bits. I think I'm going to pass. I guess the 38's don't have VINs that differentiate the ACS.

Comment

Looks completely stock to me.

Here's an ACS massaged E38...

Note the front bumper lip extension.
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        Looks completely stock to me.

Here's an ACS massaged E38...

Note the front bumper lip extension.
                        Yeah, I'm seeing that now. The 7 series guys over at bimmer forums helped me out too. They think it's just a 7 with a few ACS interior bits. I'm going to pass on it I think.

Comment

Working...
                        X