Exhaust Shop Turned Me Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Shop Turned Me Away

Bought an 89 325is a few months ago and it had a Magnaflow 14815 with it, uninstalled. Took it to a shop earlier today and they called me saying they don't want to mess with it. Not the right muffler, too much fab...blah blah.

I know a bunch of people are running this muffler. Did I just goto a lazy shop who didn't want to make a Y pipe? Should I look into buying a dual in/out?

Pretty frustrated at this guy's attitude so should I just go elsewhere?

Those guys are lazy, but yes, a dual in/out would be easier to install. Of course that doesn't mean that it's the "wrong" muffler, just extra work to install.

Comment

go see Andy at classic muffler on winfield near oakridge. he might not be around for the next couple of weeks, but he's worth waiting for.

Comment

Seriously, find a Mexican muffler shop. They can fabricate anything.

Comment

Haha love this forum. Quick replies and great info. Thanks xixo I'll do that.

Comment

exhaust shops around here are like that to. Finding somebody who can fab is difficult - not many do exhausts anymore, mostly just bolt on cheap Chinese shit they got on ebay. I found one that was willing to do it but it wasn't their bread and butter - and it was fairly expensive.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
              Seriously, find a Mexican muffler shop. They can fabricate anything.
              and then the welds on that exhaust setup are going to be atrocious as well as the way they manage to "mount it up". you get what you pay for... i've seen lots hack jobs.
              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                and then the welds on that exhaust setup are going to be atrocious as well as the way they manage to "mount it up". you get what you pay for... i've seen lots hack jobs.
                There aren't too many options out there! Be friendly and respectful to the shop and they'll do a great job. Be cocky to them and you'll get what you deserve. At least, that was my experience watching many different kinds of customers in a Mex muffler shop. Forget about custom fabrication at any regular muffler shop. Some will do it if you are willing to pay a huge sum.

Comment

Lol that shops a joke. I've had it happen to me to. If its not a bolt in part, them lazy Piles generally wont touch it. Its hard to find a shop that is willing to actually put in some labor and give it to you with no lube.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Haha yeah I've run int a couple jerks out here so far. Talking shit about my muffler choice, don't feel like fabbing it up. Little D's comes to mind if you're in the Bay Area. Don't go there. Going tomorrow to Classic Muffler I'll report back.

Comment

Working...
                    X