Chariot Gauge - Wideband O2, Boost/Vac, Oil pressure, Temp and Voltmeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eutechnyx View Post
    I completely apologize, I found this site when I was looking up info on the system, I do not actually own a BMW at all lol. do you have a way to contact you via FB or something? I am going to be using this system on a 97 blazer with a carb'd 350 small block.
    No problem! You can always hit me up at mmeyer@chariotgauge.com or on Facebook.

Comment

Subscribed to this thread so I remember to buy one before my car is back on the road this spring.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Cookin' up the second version now, little sneak peak:

Should have the proto-boards in the next week so we can really get down to testing RPM and various other inputs. More to come.

Comment

I have no idea how I missed this. Waiting for my refund moneys I can get this going. Time to put one of my old tablets to use. Excellent work you're doing here man.
          Originally posted by csermonet47
          Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Adding this to my wishlist. I have too much on my plate for my build to integrate this right now. Subscribed!

I like the altoid box for the prototype. Is that an option :ST1G:
            • 85 325e Project
            • 2010 Subaru STi hatch
            • 01 e39 M5 (sold) :down:
            • 00' E39 540ia (sold)
            • 89' 325is (sold)
            • 97' Ram 2500 12v Cummins
            • 2006 KTM 950 Adventure
            • 2006 Yamaha YZ450F

Comment

Altoid box came with mine so I assume it's standard issue. Pretty cool.

I have my chariot hooked up to my old Cummins truck (turbo e30 in [slow] progress) at the moment and it works beautifully. This is one of the best bargains in gauges on planet earth.
              Super Lurker

Comment

Originally posted by smapdee2k View Post
                Altoid box came with mine so I assume it's standard issue. Pretty cool.

I have my chariot hooked up to my old Cummins truck (turbo e30 in [slow] progress) at the moment and it works beautifully. This is one of the best bargains in gauges on planet earth.
                holy crap I didn't even thing about it for my cummins.... I need fuel pressure and boost! Man I wish I wasn't so spread thin on (financially) on my e30!
                • 85 325e Project
                • 2010 Subaru STi hatch
                • 01 e39 M5 (sold) :down:
                • 00' E39 540ia (sold)
                • 89' 325is (sold)
                • 97' Ram 2500 12v Cummins
                • 2006 KTM 950 Adventure
                • 2006 Yamaha YZ450F

Comment

Originally posted by Zekerbox View Post
                  holy crap I didn't even thing about it for my cummins.... I need fuel pressure and boost! Man I wish I wasn't so spread thin on (financially) on my e30!
                  Bet you could use the Chariot's oil pressure function for fuel pressure. Good idea for the truck. Hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it.

I emailed Mike awhile back and talked about thermocouple (EGT) support and higher boost support for Chariot V2 because they'd be great for my Cummins (and any other diesels for that matter). I don't want to speak for him and his final plans for V2, but what he basically said at the time was that thermocouple support should be doable but adding higher pressure map sensors was questionable as it could be cost prohibitive. But fingers crossed.

Hopefully this thread derailment I've caused isn't too annoying. At least it's semi-relevant and makes for free thread bumps :)
                  Super Lurker

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Hard at work on the next iteration, the proto-boards came in yesterday - we'll be building a few up this weekend and testing RPM. Still have a lot of work to do on the app side too. Here's a look without the silkscreen layer or solder fill:

I like the altoid box for the prototype. Is that an option
                    Yep! The current version comes with an altoids-style tin enclosure.

Like smapdee2k said, you could probably reuse the oil pressure input for the fuel pressure gauge, the app is configurable for different sensors. Would need to know the high/low pressure levels of the sensor and the ohm reading it gives off (assuming it's a resistive type sensor).

Hopefully this thread derailment I've caused isn't too annoying. At least it's semi-relevant and makes for free thread bumps
                    It's always appreciated, never annoying, and I'm glad to hear it's working well for you!

Comment

what will the revised board do that the current doesn't?

Is it possible to make the App so we can change the colors of the gauges, as well as rename them - in case we are using it for Fuel etc.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by glhturbo View Post
                        what will the revised board do that the current doesn't?

Is it possible to make the App so we can change the colors of the gauges, as well as rename them - in case we are using it for Fuel etc.

Thanks!
                        Right now the only addition to this proto-board is RPM so we can test out the ease of capturing the engine speed and configuring that app for just about any engine type, layout, number of cylinders etc..

On the app side the updates will be to include an RPM gauge as well as the data points on the data-logging/chart view so you can see RPM against any of the other data. Also the ability to see as a CSV file for later review.

Comment

Progress!

Testing went well so far this weekend, I have a lot of updates to make to the apps now.

Comment

Should I just wait for the new version to come out?

Comment

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
                              Should I just wait for the new version to come out?
                              If RPM is important to capture and log against the other data points then yes, I would wait. If you're looking to only view/log boost/wideband/temp/oil then the current controller should work fine.

The price for the new controller will bump up a little to account for the RPM related components. However development is coming along well (next Android release will also have Bluetooth LE support). I expect the next controller to be ready mid-May.

Comment

wtf

I want one

Comment

Working...
                                X