New Here with my first E30... a lot of crap going on in this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mortification View Post

And I'm not about to drive my e46 M3 nor my E66 as a daily. Too much gas and commute is long lol.

Lmk where I can send a payment for the chip. I rarely have time to search or work on car cuz I'm always at work. 6 days a week and out for like 14hrs

I don't understand the hate honestly. Unless you have something more productive to say you best not say it. I got this car for $500 and I don't mind investing in it. I have plenty of vehicles and motorcycles... it's jut a hobby man. Relax
    I am being productive. You complain you have $ troubles and don't have time to fix stuff because your always commuting and working. Simple solution, buy a better e30. I'm sure you can part this one out or use it for spares after you spend some decent $$ on a better one.

Chill brah. Just givin' ya some options since your "deal" e30 looks like a hacked POS.
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
      I am being productive. You complain you have $ troubles and don't have time to fix stuff because your always commuting and working. Simple solution, buy a better e30. I'm sure you can part this one out or use it for spares after you spend some decent $$ on a better one.

Chill brah. Just givin' ya some options since your "deal" e30 looks like a hacked POS.
      That's actually counter productive lol... it's a budget build and this will be my beater. I'm more concerned with putting too many miles on my other vehicles lol. But yeah thanks for the tip. I'll stick to this e30... I've had worse conditioned cars. It's a project! Key word "PROJECT"

Comment

why don't you start a PROJECT thread for us. I'm sure others including myself would also be interested to see your progress on this PROJECT. Key word "PROJECT"

Comment

why don't you start a PROJECT thread for us. I'm sure others including myself would also be interested to see your progress on this PROJECT. Key word "PROJECT"
          Dude fuck outta here! This guy is saving this E30 from some kid with a monster energy hat and seems to want to do fix things the right way. Where did he say he has money troubles? Because he wants to save some $ on gas and not run up the miles on his M3?

I do agree though, this looks like a project and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
            Dude fuck outta here! This guy is saving this E30 from some kid with a monster energy hat and seems to want to do fix things the right way. Where did he say he has money troubles? Because he wants to save some $ on gas and not run up the miles on his M3?

Lmfao.... yeah I know. But fuck it! I'm down and hope to resurrect this Project and a half lol. I just want to get it running right first of. Then I'll look into the things here and there and eventually finish the turbo project a previous owner flaked on. Thanks for the encouragement and understanding man. Appreciate it. And yeah... everyone loves to save money. More money saved more parts. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post

dont' worry bro, I totally agree. That's why I told him to start a project thread so we can all appreciate and marvel at his progress.

Everyone's gotta chill the f out and enjoy the show

:popcorn:

Comment

dont' worry bro, I totally agree. That's why I told him to start a project thread so we can all appreciate and marvel at his progress.

Everyone's gotta chill the f out and enjoy the show

:popcorn:

Comment

On my car, I have no oil cooler with an "e" bottom and "i" head. My car is a stroker.

Could you post some more pictures of the block?

As far as the intake being tapped: It was tapped for a boost gauge, blow off valve, or wastegate. It does not look like it was for a MAP sensor because of the stock ecu with the turbo chip.

The oil pan being tapped is from turbo. Just keep an eye on it for leaks from the plug. If it does start to leak, try putting some teflon tape on it.

First thing first, change oil, oil filter, air filter, etc etc.

The turbo chip is probably why the idle is off.

Metric blue head bolts were more common before arp studs. I have seen online from doing research that they are actually not as good as OEM bolts.

Could you add some pictures of the AFM and the airbox?
                  Last edited by Chris Spiegl; 02-08-2017, 11:08 PM. Reason: Added more questions
                  1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Spiegl View Post
                    On my car, I have no oil cooler with an "e" bottom and "i" head. My car is a stroker.

Could you post some more pictures of the block?

As far as the intake being tapped: It was tapped for a boost gauge, blow off valve, or wastegate. It does not look like it was for a MAP sensor because of the stock ecu with the turbo chip.

The oil pan being tapped is from turbo. Just keep an eye on it for leaks from the plug. If it does start to leak, try putting some teflon tape on it.

First thing first, change oil, oil filter, air filter, etc etc.

The turbo chip is probably why the idle is off.

Metric blue head bolts were more common before arp studs. I have seen online from doing research that they are actually not as good as OEM bolts.

Could you add some pictures of the AFM and the airbox?
                    Yeah I researched the bolts myself. Everyone jumped on the ARP bandwagon after they came out. I've heard horror stories even with the ARPs. Only reason I opened head up was to check if I had the old hex bolts that were upgraded apparently to the E Torx bolts. Something about head lifting and kissing your head gasket goodbye. As far as all I know from the owner I actually got it from the head gasket was replaced and head was redone. Block I can take more pics of tonight when I'm home. I've been trying to figure out myself wether I have a frankenstein engine or a actual full Is engine.

According to real oem my vin shows as a 325e lol. Here's a pic of the AFM only one I have at moment will take better ones later.

What I'm really trying to figure out is what these plugs attached to my ecu harness are ....
                    I don't believe they are MS plugs? Why would it be running MS if it had that chip?

And thanks for your insight and input man. I appreciate all the help and wisdom from the peeps. Usually I just plug my laptop on my other bmws lol

Comment

Also what or how are you guys fixing the icv elbow that goes to Tb? That shit simply slides off from my TB smh

Comment

Also what or how are you guys fixing the icv elbow that goes to Tb? That shit simply slides off from my TB smh

There is a DIY about retapping the threads etc etc.

Personally, I just put some red loctite around the metal elbow. I have also heard of people putting some JB Weld in there. So far, the red loctite is holding even under boost.

Those plugs connected to your harness are beyond me lol. If you were running megasquirt, I assume you would not need your stock ecu. (maybe megasquirt one? someone please correct me here)

What year is your car? The coolant overflow tank and radiator is from an early model setup. But the head was from 88?

I am starting to think that your car is a 2.7l stroker build. With you car being a 325e, it will have the 'e'(m20b27) engine from factory, BUT you have an 'i'(m20b25) head and intake. This leads me to believe that it is a stroker. With more pictures of the block we can tell if it was swapped to a m20b25 or if it was built as a stroker.

Could you send a picture of the fuel rail/injectors? Let's figure out what those are so that you can then decide if a stock chip will work of if you need to switch injectors.

Also, ignore all the people hating on you.
                        1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Comment

No, those plugs are part of the standard 325 harness. I can't exactly remember but IIRC the black one is an A/C connection and the white one is for.... ahh........ I just can't recall, but don't worry they're standard and often disconnected.

Since you don't have an oil cooler, and your car is an 'e', I would think you have a 2.7 bottom.

There is a serial/cast number on the block. The block can be identified by checking the number stamped on the intake side of the block, on a machined flat area just above the sump seal. Type number will start 20 ,25 or 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Spiegl View Post
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=368936
                            There is a DIY about retapping the threads etc etc.

Personally, I just put some red loctite around the metal elbow. I have also heard of people putting some JB Weld in there. So far, the red loctite is holding even under boost.

Those plugs connected to your harness are beyond me lol. If you were running megasquirt, I assume you would not need your stock ecu. (maybe megasquirt one? someone please correct me here)

What year is your car? The coolant overflow tank and radiator is from an early model setup. But the head was from 88?

I am starting to think that your car is a 2.7l stroker build. With you car being a 325e, it will have the 'e'(m20b27) engine from factory, BUT you have an 'i'(m20b25) head and intake. This leads me to believe that it is a stroker. With more pictures of the block we can tell if it was swapped to a m20b25 or if it was built as a stroker.

Could you send a picture of the fuel rail/injectors? Let's figure out what those are so that you can then decide if a stock chip will work of if you need to switch injectors.

Also, ignore all the people hating on you.
                            I don't pay attention to the hate. I'm not the type to go "keyboard happy" on anyone lol. Too old for that shit. I'll take a pic of the rail and injectors tonight. From why I remember the injectors were a light blue with black. Fat looking ones. Stock I'm guessing. I have a pair of purple tops from a e46 330 that I'll maybe swap in when I go boost? Lol. And the car is a 84.

Striker build you say?... hmmm is that a good thing or a bad thing? I guess we can confirm this later when I upload the pics tonight. Thanks for all your help man.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                              No, those plugs are part of the standard 325 harness. I can't exactly remember but IIRC the black one is an A/C connection and the white one is for.... ahh........ I just can't recall, but don't worry they're standard and often disconnected.

Since you don't have an oil cooler, and your car is an 'e', I would think you have a 2.7 bottom.

There is a serial/cast number on the block. The block can be identified by checking the number stamped on the intake side of the block, on a machined flat area just above the sump seal. Type number will start 20 ,25 or 27.
                              Alright well screw those plugs I guess. I know the ac is gone and they cut the hardline at firewall too smh. I'll look for the stamp on block tonight and see what I find .

Comment

I don't even wanna look at the transmission side of things and find more shit lol..

Comment

Working...
                                X