Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo S50 running super rich at WOT input needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
    I run the ngk bkr6e @.018 .020, I have a walbro e85 I think is the 450 and stock fpr, never had that issue.
    Who did your tuning? It is possible to tune around the pressure but all of my tuning is remote so I am trying to keep things consistent between data logs but my baseline pressure is 125% of what the base tune wants to see.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Yep, get that FPR swapped for a new/upgraded one.

Comment

New FPR in and its officially terrifying.

Comment

Now that I have a consistent FPR and proper scaling from what I can tell I can finally start to sort the car from a base line. 18 PSI in an E30 is insane. I am not sure how much tire I would need to put that down but I am not sure it would even fit on an e30. I put the Original baseline tune in from Bret at Technica and it is running better than even the modified tune did with the old FPR. Still seeing low 10's at WOT but I have yet to do any dyno revisions at all.

Oh and it pulls like a terrifying freight train from hell even in the 10's

Comment

Glad to see it was an easy fix in the end!

Comment

Yeah it's still not totally sorted and it still rich but man is it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                Who did your tuning? It is possible to tune around the pressure but all of my tuning is remote so I am trying to keep things consistent between data logs but my baseline pressure is 125% of what the base tune wants to see.
                It's on a Miller set up, we just messed with it to get the afr's where they needed to be since we had no support.
                sigpic
                HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                " enjoy the show "

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                  Glad to see it was an easy fix in the end!
                  You done turbo tuning? Since you in the springs now I want to put another kit to gather and be tuned properly
                  sigpic
                  HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                  " enjoy the show "

Comment

Yeah it's still not totally sorted and it still rich but man is it fast.
                    <10.8 maybe too rich for optimum power, but it's not entirely too rich to be unsafe or detrimental. Many factory tuned turbo cars run in the 10's at WOT (again, not ideal for power in most applications on <e10 pump gas)

Did the kit ask you to install any electrical component (such as a "converter box", or resistor) onto the MAF harness?

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                      <10.8 maybe too rich for optimum power, but it's not entirely too rich to be unsafe or detrimental. Many factory tuned turbo cars run in the 10's at WOT (again, not ideal for power in most applications on <e10 pump gas)

Did the kit ask you to install any electrical component (such as a "converter box", or resistor) onto the MAF harness?
                      No the kit is a new MAF wired into the factory wiring with flange, the tune and 80lb injectors. Due to the FPR issues I wasn't able to get much in the way of revisions done to the tune yet. I am seeing mostly low 10's- 10.2 at WOT at 3500 but I need to map it because the car is to fast and the power comes on so quick it is impossible to watch the gauge and drive even on the 1/2 mile stretch of road I am doing WOT pulls on.

I totally agree that I would rather have a safe 10.8:1 at WOT especially at 7500prm especially because the power is so much that it is almost barely usable. I need video of the outside of the car because I think I am spinning halfway through third gear when I get back on the gas. 255 pilot super sports are no match for however much power I am making.

Comment

Still dipping into the 9's but spending much more time above the 9 mark now with proper FPR scaling.

Comment

So the car is running great on the new FPR and Revised tune. Now I just need to get it to shift when I run it out. When pulling in second or third get it becomes really hard if not impossible to shift. I am thinking its the slave cylinder (old) and it is just not completely allowing the clutch to be disengaged. Anybody else have this problem with a high hp and a getrag 260? BTW it makes 20 psi so high hp is an understatement.

Comment

So the car is running great on the new FPR and Revised tune. Now I just need to get it to shift when I run it out. When pulling in second or third get it becomes really hard if not impossible to shift. I am thinking its the slave cylinder (old) and it is just not completely allowing the clutch to be disengaged. Anybody else have this problem with a high hp and a getrag 260? BTW it makes 20 psi so high hp is an understatement.
                            Me. 1st to 2nd is really tough and 2nd to 3rd is also tough - has to be babied or feels like I'm locked out.
                            But I'm blaming it on an old trans. I'm going to change fluid and see what happens.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                              Me. 1st to 2nd is really tough and 2nd to 3rd is also tough - has to be babied or feels like I'm locked out.
                              But I'm blaming it on an old trans. I'm going to change fluid and see what happens.
                              Yeah after a pull it can be hard get any gear. Time for fresh fluid and a new slave

Comment

Tune is getting Refined constantly. Trans is not going to hold real power. The G260 is not designed to hold 400+ lb/ft of Torque. So I am sourcing a M3 5 speed. I will have to switch the pilot bearing but that is ok, at least I can make my existing driveshaft work with the magic guibo. I will probably have get a new shit selector.

Comment

Working...
                                X