No announcement yet.

Code:1222 | SOLVED | !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've been driving my car for the past few days and the issues I was having haven't resurfaced.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      So I've been driving my car for the past few days and the issues I was having haven't resurfaced.

Awesome! I was planning to swap the same 255. It's a direct swap aside from the mounting? I.E. Drop and go?
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
        Awesome! I was planning to swap the same 255. It's a direct swap aside from the mounting? I.E. Drop and go?
        Yep, just have to figure out how you want to mount it, crimp the two wires and you're good to go. It definitely seems to be a little bit louder than the stock pump but I don't care lol

Unfortunately the hose clamp didn't fit through the hole in the tank so I just went with a few zipties to replace it... no really ideal tbh...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yep, just have to figure out how you want to mount it, crimp the two wires and you're good to go. It definitely seems to be a little bit louder than the stock pump but I don't care lol

Unfortunately the hose clamp didn't fit through the hole in the tank so I just went with a few zipties to replace it... no really ideal tbh...
          Sweet man! Thanks for the picture and info! I ended up ordering the GSS340 as it was slightly cheaper with free shipping. I think the only difference is the fitment. Hopefully this clears my issue up. I may grab an FPR soon just in-case.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Been running the Walbro for a little while now. Seems like I have regained some lost power. Hopeful that I have no issues! Thanks again for the suggestions. I will be purchasing an SSSquid sticker soon! For showing thanks!
            20% Accurate

Comment

Issue still persisting. New FPR and o2 will be ordered. If that doesn't solve it it's will be CPS or CTS. Or TPS?
              20% Accurate

Comment

Have you been unplugging the battery while doing the work to reset the ecu?

I'd almost just take it to a shop for some diagnostics, before you throw away a lot more time and $. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by d_elson0 View Post
                  Have you been unplugging the battery while doing the work to reset the ecu?

I'd almost just take it to a shop for some diagnostics, before you throw away a lot more time and $. goodluck
                  I wouldn't have the glory of fixing it though... Or all the new parts replaced once it is said and done.
                  20% Accurate

Comment

That's actually a really good point haha.
                    Have you?

Comment

Replaced all those sensors? Nah, not yet. I want to try unplugging everything and check it like that. I'll probably replace in pairs, at least I would have a good understanding of what is causing the issue and why. I'm thinking on o2 and CPS or CTS first.

Can I change this thread to a "Suggest this sensor" page. Haha
                      20% Accurate

Comment

I mean resetting the ECU learning between each change

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been running m50 injectors on my stock m20b25 without any problems

Originally Posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
                          m50 injectors =
                          166 cc @ 3bar

So that means on a m20 with a normal 3 bar regulator, the m50 injectors would be 15.81#'s instead of 17.5 (which is higher than stock m20)

You will not run lean, you'll have more fuel, your o2 will probably correct it.

you get 4 pintholes or whatever theyre called, so you get better atomization. m50 injectors are a complete upgrade. They are completely capable of fueling a modified m20. I dont have any issues with getting into 11:1 ratios with a 3" MAF at WOT.

EDIT: Yes, I have a wideband. and dyno to prove.
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

What is your car doing exactly? misfire? 1222?

edit; I recently fixed my misfire under a load. It was a problem with one of my plugs. Once I would hit 70mph and started to accelerate, it would cough/sputter/buck. Also, it happened to me one other time, where at any speed upon acceleration it would miss. It turned out to be a bad cps. I've also read about people finding out their harmonic balancer is fucked, resulting in the cps having trouble reading the position of the crank.

I was also dealing with the 1222, it ended up being a leaking injector.. which caused my plug to foul and not fire under load.

So, I had a leaking injector, which triggered the 1222 code. Then that ultimatly caused one of my plugs to foul up and create the misfire problem.

Hope that helps.
                            Last edited by MrBurgundy; 04-25-2017, 03:41 PM.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Haha. Sorry Squid. Misunderstood. Yes, every single time. Changing MAF, Plugs, Fuel Pump. I always like to be safe. I like a clean slate too!

MyBurg. I will make this kinda detailed, I am currently at work.

It will throw a 1221, but VERY rarely now. The misfire is noticeable, but I always try to down shift or decrease throttle. It is running lean, I can confirm with my plugs.

Once warm, it will start to hesitate or miss. Usually only below 2 or 2.5k rpm and also above about 5k. Only under load. WOT or partial throttle makes no difference. Which in my mind crosses o2?

It is not so much speed dependent as it is RPM dependent. I pulled my injectors and cleaned them by hand. Replaced the o-rings as well. I pulled the CPS and cleaned it, I noticed it had been grazed by something? The gap measure fine, so I dropped it back in.

When I get home I will post pictures of my spark plugs, I keep changing them because, with new plugs, it will run fine for a week or so, then want to lean and miss... I hate it as much as my cylinder walls do!
                              20% Accurate

Comment

If all 6 plugs are showing signs of running lean, i'd look at fuel pressure at the rail and check the fpr.
                                Last edited by MrBurgundy; 04-25-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X