How To: GET and RESET Airbag Codes/SRS Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
    Nslss2006 - Pin 1 because that what it is. Pin 1. out of curiosity, why are you asking what the DME timing control is? This is an airbag thread.
    Precisely. And unless BMW's ETMs are wrong, pin 1 IS the DME timing control signal, so I was wondering why you were using that in an airbag thread? :)

Comment

Just yank the shit out..

Shit's old - you guys seriousy trust that system?
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Honestly? I trust it more than not having it, as long as the diagnostics are correct and the airbag unit is <10 yrs old as BMW recommends. And I have had reason to regret not having an airbag in the past (yes, I was wearing a seatbelt, no, it did not save me from a hospital stay). And to be 100% honest, I don't quite understand why you'd post this in a thread to clear airbag faults :).

Comment

that's how I addressed the faults..

Comment

if I'm gonna go

I'll let the momo take me

Comment

any one how to fix a 114? I took check panel off and looked behind it and there was no bulb, is it suppose to have one? because it still lights up and blinks.
              Thanks
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

for those of you that did this successfully, does the SRS light turn off completely or does it dim to a solid?

Mine isn't blinking since this procedure and it isn't as bright as the other lights on the check panel for example

Comment

Tried this procedure after accidentally hooking battery up while airbag was out... Now the light comes on solid for 6 seconds then it just blinks non-stop. Thoughts?

1990 325i Coupe Auto
                  1987 325i Cabriolet Manual (sold)
                  1989 325i Cabriolet Auto (sold)
                  1991 325i Coupe Auto (sold)
                  1991 325i Cabriolet Manual (sold)
                  1991 325i Coupe Auto (sold)
                  1990 325i Sedan Auto (sold)
                  1984 318i Coupe Auto (sold)

Comment

PM sent to OP

Comment

I just tried this procedure and i'm getting code 1-3-1 which is a LF Crash Sensor Supply Line Shorted ... would this be a faulty sensor? Wiring looks good ...

Comment

I just fucking unhooked everything and put a mtech 1 wheel on finally
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I'll bump this :D

My car has no faults, SRS light goes off like normal, ect. I want to install a Mtech 2 wheel. If I where to remove the wheel, unplug the air bag control unit under the dash, and use the Mtech 2 wheel, would the system have faults? More importantly, would there be faults If I reinstalled the stock wheel after use of the tech 2.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                            I'll bump this :D

My car has no faults, SRS light goes off like normal, ect. I want to install a Mtech 2 wheel. If I where to remove the wheel, unplug the air bag control unit under the dash, and use the Mtech 2 wheel, would the system have faults? More importantly, would there be faults If I reinstalled the stock wheel after use of the tech 2.
                            If you disconnect the battery and then disconnect the air bag brain/computer(orange box) then when you reconnect the battery, the brain won't be connected so it should not store any faults. When you are ready to reinstall your air bag, make sure you disconnect your battery again before you plug back into the brain/computer.

On other than E30's I have wired resistors into the air bag wire going to the steering wheel. When the signal is sent to the wheel and recognizes the correct resistance, the computer thinks the air bag is still connected so it shows no faults. But make sure what ever you do, disconnect the battery first. I do not know the proper resistance for the E30.
                            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                              If you disconnect the battery and then disconnect the air bag brain/computer(orange box) then when you reconnect the battery, the brain won't be connected so it should not store any faults. When you are ready to reinstall your air bag, make sure you disconnect your battery again before you plug back into the brain/computer.

On other than E30's I have wired resistors into the air bag wire going to the steering wheel. When the signal is sent to the wheel and recognizes the correct resistance, the computer thinks the air bag is still connected so it shows no faults. But make sure what ever you do, disconnect the battery first. I do not know the proper resistance for the E30.
                              Thanks for the fast response. That's exactly how I was going to install the wheel If I didnt get any reply's. Hopefully I wont have any faults If I where to resell the car with the stock wheel.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                              1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                              1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                              1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                              1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                              1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                              Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                              1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                              1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_KJXDElIWw

Comment

Working...
                                X