How old is the average E30 driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Ha! Yea, I did valet for a short while. Long enough to know to never to valet a car I really care about ;) Joyrides were had. Speed limits were broken. Clutches were roasted.

Being a Valet, is honestly a great way to get to know everything about cars. You'll park everything from Caddies to Ferraris. You'll quickly learn what makes one car better than another. Oh, and you'll learn that some guy driving a family car will often tip better then the guy driving a new p-car. It's sooooo weird. I still don't get it. (I get it, but...it's still weird)
    I was a valet as well back in the day, and now I KNOW not to valet my car unless it is absolutely unavoidable. Hot tip for everyone, tip on the way in.
    There's better chance of your car being treated a little better. $20-40 (depending on how upscale the location is) gets you upfront parking so they can't joyride. I usually tip $5 in and $5 out on average for garage/street parking. Also, if you know who's going to be getting your car when you are on the way out, tip them before they go get your car.

The best tippers weren't the ones with the fancy cars. As a father myself, I think I appreciate good service after being selfless with my family more often. As a single man, not so much. You're life point of view changes when you live for more than just yourself.
    F80 ///M3 CS
    i3 REx LCI
    Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

22 but I joined r3v when I got my e30, which was in 2012 when I was 17.

I'm surprised that the 22-29 range is the majority. could've swore it was mostly older heads. maybe after all these years I just pay attention to them more since I know they know more hahha
      sigpic
      @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
      Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

I'm 46 and just got the '87 last month for my 15 year old son. We've been doing a lot of work to it and have a lot to do yet and it's been a blast.

My first e30 was a '91 325i that I bought when I went off to graduate school in '94. I owned it for 9 years and over 250,000 miles. Sold it for the child rearing years and I cried. Now, 15 years later finally got back home in one.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I think most of the young bucks are cutting it close to the next bracket.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post

I'm surprised that the 22-29 range is the majority. could've swore it was mostly older heads. maybe after all these years I just pay attention to them more since I know they know more hahha

It's because the 30 year olds don't want to vote for the 31+ group
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I like to believe it's because when where this young and have not too many responsibilities yet. We are totally down to throw every dollar we have at our car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

We're * damn Voice text

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Comment

My pops bought my 86 325es when I was 12 hoping it would be my first car. It took me awhile but at the ripe of age of 19 I finally got interested in cars and I'm finally starting to fix my e30
                    1986 325es(Possible race car?)
                    1987 325e (the show car)
                    1992 525it (the new daily)

Comment

That brazzers tire is awesome.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I am 27 years old, started out my BMW life in an e36 m3. Saved for years to get that car; was a happy day when I was able to sell off my last Honda.

It was all over after that. Loved my m3 so much I knew I needed a bmw as a winter rat. I was lucky enough to sell my P.O.S mk3 VR6 in exchange for a fairly well kept IX at a great price.

Just recently decided I wanted to get back into e30s and found another nice IX to make as my All-Year fun vehicle to compliment my Tacoma.
                        1989 325ix
                        1992 325ic 770A
                        2002 M3

Comment

19.. Bought my e30 few months ago when I was 18

Comment

Originally posted by ParkerS View Post
                            19.. Bought my e30 few months ago when I was 18

Get off my lawn

Comment

Working...
                            X