Autocrossing an '84 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    Definitely change your motor mounts. Otherwise a nice 3.91 diff, a chip and seat time.
    At what speed does 2nd top out with the 3.91?
    sigpic

2011 335i/1995 Mercedes C220 (rallyx)

Comment

this may help w/ the MPH question:

1985 325e, 74k miles (S52 w/ OBD1, Bistein Sports, H&R Sports, IE sways, 3.23 LSD, TD 15x7/Star Specs, Euro bumper conversion)
      1998 M3 (4dr, 5sp, TCKline) (sold)
      2002 325i (sold)
      2009 X5 3.0si

Comment

Well, bad luck hit today. The caliper/full bleed today was what the master cylinder needed to shit its guts today. Got an internal bypass, new cylinder should arrive tomorrow morning at the shop and it gets installed. So much for free spending money this week! All in all, I'm glad it failed at the shop on a test drive instead of on the street or track.
        1990 332i, 4 door
        2008 KTM 990 Superduke
        2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
        2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
        2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          Definitely change your motor mounts. Otherwise a nice 3.91 diff, a chip and seat time.
          Amen on the motor mounts and chip, but IMO a 3.91 gear is way too high for an eta. You'll be shifting into 3rd on fast courses, and the engine just doesn't rev high enough to utilize the gear. Better off with 3.25 or 3.46 max.
          1990 325is Alpine White
          2005 Boxster S
          2015 VW GTI
          2014 BMW 228i

CCA 95905-Since 1991

Comment

just drive the dang thing. all you need for autox is a good battery tie down, seat belts, a good throttle return, tires that aren't bald and gas.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Have fun!!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Autocross = complete

Things went mostly ok, shaved off 4 seconds between first and last runs. I have work to do in the corners, lots, but straight line speed is killing me. The 4 straights on the course are losing me about 3 seconds according to the instructors/experienced guys here so I may jump on a chip in the next few weeks. Aside from that the car is fine, just need to practice my lines and brake markers better
                1990 332i, 4 door
                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
                X