Donating Blood + A Little Whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
    Oh god. Now the judging will begin. Crown Royal.

Typically I like some Hendricks on the rocks with a little fresh-squeezed lemon, or Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.

Most of the time I am a beer guy, but straight liquor on ice has been growing on me.
    No judgement here. I'm mostly a craft brew guy myself and don't typically od mixed drinks of any sort (though I can be convinced). I do like Scotch and I have a bottle of a fine single malt (Glennfiddich) that I keep for the occasional. Lately I have been liking wine. I guess I'm equal opportunity when it comes to drinking.
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      you are married right??? if that the case....oh yes you have.....
      I've never been married.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
        Every King needs his Crown. But my biggest beef with donating blood is, they get it for free, yet charge up the wazu for it when someone needs it.
        True.
        1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

Every King needs his Crown. But my biggest beef with donating blood is, they get it for free, yet charge up the wazu for it when someone needs it.
          So then sell your plasma.

I'm honestly hoping for a worldwide extinction event of the human race on this planet. We are a literal cancer.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Blood plasma is the stuff they really, really charge big money for.

12 years ago when I was in college I knew a guy who worked at one of the plasma places and he said each bag was insured for something crazy like 1500 bucks.

He also timed his twice weekly donations to align with thirsty thursdays at the bars.

Comment

Needles scare me lol

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Needles scare me lol
                I sort of used to be. Now I watch them put the needle in and don't flinch at all. Granted, the staff is GOOD at their job and they get it in place in a fraction of a second. I also have pretty large veins in my arms from 12 years of rock climbing and car wrenching, so I'd have to walk into a clinic staffed by Ray Charles to have a miss.

Actually, they did mess up once a number of years ago. They put the needle in too far and it went right out the other side of the vein. There was a papaya sized bruise/bulge on my arm where the blood leaked lol. That shit SUUUUUUUCKED, for a day or so.

And sure, while that seems like exactly the sort of thing that keeps people from donating, think about all the dumb self inflicted injuries in your life. I have had plenty of stitches and other "oops" moments that are a lot worse than that. The most recent was when I was sheetrocking my garage. The utility knife jumped and went through my thumb...about 1/2" of meat on the end (including nail) was sliced clean through and dangling by a little flap of skin. Once I calmed my wife down (lol) enough to have her drive me to the ER I got 23 stitches in there. So, donating blood isn't scary. DIY projects are scary.

And I am enjoying some more of that handle of Crown now. Mmmmmm.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  I lol'd.
                  Nice. I was hoping that there were some SP fans in here.

Don't call me buddy, fwiend.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
                  X