how much a m3 is worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much a m3 is worth

saw a m3 just sitting in someones yard so i thought i would ask whats up. he said it blew a bearing or something so they had the motor totally redone and its sitting outside (not a good sign to me). Hood and rear spoiler are off. its white with cardnal interior. needs some bodywork as he said there was a small rust spot that he patched and all i saw was a bondo patch 8x4. i gave him my number but he was talking 10ks which i think its insane, so i just wanted some input what you guys thought it would be worth. i know its hard without pics, but give your best thought.
    NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Probably spun a rod bearing.

Car is worth ~$6000 assuming there is no other rust besides that one bondo patch, and the fenders, hood, trunk, doors etc. are all original. Assumes engine is toast. Who stores an engine outside?

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

thats what im saying. they said its all redone and all they have is masking tape coving the intake. very sad for me to see and just ask stupid

Comment

There's a couple on ebay right now one is or was under 5K.

Comment

Problem is that guy is talking 10's because he wants to try and recoup some of his money. Spend the $10K on a mint M or get into a fixeruper for $6,000ish.

Anything under $6k is gonna need at least the purchase price in work down the line IMO

Comment

If the motor is rebuilt and it really just needs cosmetic work it could be worth $10,000. Remember that some of the mint E30 M3s sell for $15-20k +++!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

^mint m3's are going for 25-30.

A reasonable street car with good mechanicals, well sorted, good paint, and solid interior is now going for 15-18, with many more falling in the 20k range.
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

I can't even imagine what the going dollar amount on a clean example is going be in 5-10 years.

I was reading something that said they are projected to skyrocket, and become one of the most valuable collector cars in history.

Comment

well, the guy called me with a price of $5k, he claims the engine and just needs to be dropped in. i know it will need body work and probably paint. if i did end up buying i would want him to sign a contract or something that would hold him reliable if somethings wrong with the engine. so what do you guys think? i already have to many cars and it will be hard for me to pull it off, but the wife said if its an investment its ok. im still debating on what to do!

Comment

I say skip the headaches and hassles on a car with unknown history and sketchy body work done to it. The price of the restoration could explode if the engine is shot.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Doubt very much he will even consider that. If it's complete you could part it out for 7K depending miles and how far you go with parting, if something is wrong with the engine.

Comment

5k is not a bad deal, if rust is the only issue with it. See if he can provide some paperwork for the motor rebuild.
                        If you pass up on it, please PM me.
                        Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                        88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                        98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                        89 Porsche 944 - dd
                        95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                        90 325is - track rat

Comment

Originally posted by Schneller 3er View Post
                          If you pass up on it, please PM me.
                          hahaha, here we go.

Comment

I'd pay less than $5k... who knows who did the engine or the previous history on the car. Did you look underneath it? Is the chassis straight or major rust? I'd offer him $3k cash.

Comment

Working...
                            X