idle surge and constant miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle surge and constant miss

89 325i 5 speed, car starts and imidiately starts surging until you Rev it up a couple times then it rests at idle and throttle response us good but there's a constant mis through the rpm range. When the car gets up to temp throttle response gets shitty and slow

Parts replaced/checked

Head resurfaced,new gasket
    All vacume lines that were rotted were replaced, then used rtv to seal connections,

Checked cps

Swapped dme

New plugs, wires, good coil

Good injectors, good fpr, fuel filter

Put a good working am on it and it wouldn't stop surging?

Iac valve buzzing as it should

Checked for vacume leaks

Checked for exauhst leaks

Replaced o2 sensor

Replaced coolant temp sensor

Relaced valve cover gasket

There's probably more things I've done that I'm just forgetting but nothing I have already done has made it better. If anybody has had this problem and fixed it it would be greatly appreciated if you could let me know the secret fix.

Get a spark tester and check the coil output and at each plug to be sure it's not an ignition issue.
    Surging is typical of a lean-out condition usually caused by a vacuum leak or due to some faulty sensor input.
    Sensor inputs can be affected by the wiring and plugs attached to the sensors as well as a sensor. In your case, you might be best off to systematically unplug sensors to see if you have any effect. If you have a buddy with the same car, you can both unplug the same sensor and see what the difference is.
    Just for yucks and grins, I'd start with the wires to the coolant temp sensor.
    Your CPS will be tested indirectly via the spark tester.

Comment

Did you open the airflow meter and check that the wiper arm is making good contact with the surface it rides on? If it isn't, it's the same thing as unplugging the afm completely.
      '90 zinno 325iS

Comment

Working...
      X